Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Reading some other thread someone said "whats with everyone this week??"

Its the heat, alot of people have a short fuse in the heat. I found that out at work with 2 guys from my painting team.

That heat wave last week or Jan (whenever) was fuked. I couldn't work cos the paint would literally dry in 2 seconds and curdle on the surface.

I saw a heap of car accidents last week too. I don't know where peoples minds are in this heat. I had 2 close calls with other cars. They just look at me then pull right out in front of me then stop at the last min cos they saw me properly.

I'm not looking forward to tomorrow. The forcast is 44 with hot gusty north winds. I live up in the hills and i'm a tad worried about bush fires. The fires that hit the dandenongs 10 years back. I was there and i can tell you its not fun when the smoke comes across, fills the sky and it turns like night time. I was only 15 at the time but i hope that doesn't happen again.

I got a invite from a few mates to go to phillip island for the day tomorrow and go surfing. I don't know if i should go to the beach or stay home just incase of fires.

EDIT" heres a pic from that really hot day

post-5444-1233909890.jpg

Edited by Johno

I don't buy all that global warming crap. Its called summer! And we're just having a hot one. Its been this hot before, if you listen to news when they say, 'its the hottest day in 40/50/60 years...', that means it was this hot before!

And look at the northern Hemisphere, london has had the biggest cold snap in 40 years, and much of north america is freezing!

End rant....

Yeah that's what I reckon. Its just weather being weather. Just coz the weather scientist people are too bloody narrow minded to realise that even though its been a while since it was so hot it still means that it has been hot before. Weather doesn't work the same every year, and this year its pretty hot. End of story.

Its forecast 47 in Roxby today. Last night (we get QLD channels as well) the news said 60% of QLD was flooded???!?! Thats nuts....!

We've had +40 every day for 2 weeks, the ground is now so hot that the water coming from the cold taps is in the mid-high 30s.

I don't mind it too much, but if it were 35 and high humidity I'd be in a foul mood!

Its forecast 47 in Roxby today. Last night (we get QLD channels as well) the news said 60% of QLD was flooded???!?! Thats nuts....!

Hype. Happens every year... just slightly more this year :yes:

I don't mind it too much, but if it were 35 and high humidity I'd be in a foul mood!

Ah, now.... you see thats what its like up here normally.

The tradeoff for torrential rain and flooding is mild temperatures... I have a boat, so I'm cool with it ;)