February 4, 200917 yr comment_314441 Ok, I've phoned the 6 or so parts suppliers here in Mid-West NSW and they can supply 4K manifold gasket in 2 pieces, I assume all from ACL. However one piece ones do exist, they come if you buy a full head set for over $100... So, does anyone know where to get the one piece gaskets from?? ..and I've never seen a worse bit of engineering design as when I pulled the manifolds off!! Fking rubbish ideas, tilted motor, manifolds underneath, blocked by starter and alty, covered in anti-pollution crap, not enough manifold bolts and the ones they have are too big... Report
February 4, 200917 yr comment_314448 Ok, I've phoned the 6 or so parts suppliers here in Mid-West NSW and they can supply 4K manifold gasket in 2 pieces, I assume all from ACL. However one piece ones do exist, they come if you buy a full head set for over $100... So, does anyone know where to get the one piece gaskets from?? ..and I've never seen a worse bit of engineering design as when I pulled the manifolds off!! Fking rubbish ideas, tilted motor, manifolds underneath, blocked by starter and alty, covered in anti-pollution crap, not enough manifold bolts and the ones they have are too big... Hey Mr P. I believe that ACL makes the one piece gasket, I'm unsure of the part number (camerondownunder88 might know), You can sometimes get the break down of part numbers that is in the full head sets so that may be an option. Report
February 4, 200917 yr comment_314450 Get yourself a Permaseal EM30. :P Available through Bursons, listed in the Lukey parts catelogue as "K series extractor gaskets". RRP is around $12 which actually makes them cheaper than the ACL/Ezy fit ones!!!! :cool: Report
February 4, 200917 yr Author comment_314463 Ah- thanks guys, I'll get onto those!! You just can't beat 'the interwebs.... ' :P Report
February 4, 200917 yr comment_314468 If you want even better than the permaseal ones then next step up in Genuine Toyota gaskets. Around $35-35 but have pressed steel re-inforcing around all the port holes, and are basically re-usable. :P Report
February 4, 200917 yr comment_314532 It really isnt that hard pulling K motor manifolds off and putting single or two piece gaskets back on. Report
February 4, 200917 yr Author comment_314551 Permaseal here by the end of the week- Gasket shows blow-through in the middle, as expected. Report
February 4, 200917 yr Author comment_314552 but a steel block with sandpaper showed that the inlets had good sealing while the exhausts were not flat in line- hardly touching the middle exhaust properly. We could slide a 6 or 8thou feeler gauge under a steel rule across the middle, so the exhaust is recessed on the front face and even worse, the inlet flanges are a bit thicker than the iron ones! Also less than a mm, but it all adds up. Edited February 4, 200917 yr by altezzaclub Report
February 4, 200917 yr Author comment_314555 and a look at the head showed- The front stud of the middle ones had too long a shoulder... It was over 14mm from the head, while the manifold is 12mm and a compressed gasket is 1mm The rearmost stud came out with the nut, so the nut had bottomed on the stud before it tightened right up Edited May 25, 200917 yr by altezzaclub Report
February 4, 200917 yr Author comment_314557 I took the middle studs out & found some bolts the right length. Lacking a die tap for that size I took an old bolt, screwed a nut on it then hacksawed a couple of grooves up the thread. A wirebrush and a working of the nut up and down gave me a cleaning bolt that I spun into each hole. This picked up all bits of dirt into the grooves and let me check the absolute depth of the holes. Its amazing how much crap can be in a hole on a head. I don't know if you young guys do these tricks- We will see how this goes this weekend... Report
February 4, 200917 yr comment_314594 Get yourself a Permaseal EM30. :D Available through Bursons, listed in the Lukey parts catelogue as "K series extractor gaskets". RRP is around $12 which actually makes them cheaper than the ACL/Ezy fit ones!!!! :y: Sorry Simon, I completely forgot about you. Report
February 7, 200917 yr Author comment_315713 get toyota genuine, they are one peice and are great! Ah- when I ph'd Toyota they said they were 2-piece... and $104!! I've since decided that was a complete headset, seeing we paid $10 for this one- Report
February 7, 200917 yr comment_315932 but a steel block with sandpaper showed that the inlets had good sealing while the exhausts were not flat in line- hardly touching the middle exhaust properly. We could slide a 6 or 8thou feeler gauge under a steel rule across the middle, so the exhaust is recessed on the front face and even worse, the inlet flanges are a bit thicker than the iron ones! Also less than a mm, but it all adds up.That's interesting... might explain (what I think) is an exhaust leak on my 5K. Cheers for the info! Report
February 8, 200917 yr comment_316088 From my experience (i work in spare parts) any k motor extractor gasket will be one piece, regradless of brand. Any manifold set for these motors, is always two piece. Hope that helps. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now