Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

One Piece Manifold Gasket- Who Makes Them 4k

Featured Replies

Ok, I've phoned the 6 or so parts suppliers here in Mid-West NSW and they can supply 4K manifold gasket in 2 pieces, I assume all from ACL. However one piece ones do exist, they come if you buy a full head set for over $100...

 

So, does anyone know where to get the one piece gaskets from??

 

..and I've never seen a worse bit of engineering design as when I pulled the manifolds off!! Fking rubbish ideas, tilted motor, manifolds underneath, blocked by starter and alty, covered in anti-pollution crap, not enough manifold bolts and the ones they have are too big...

  • Replies 35
  • Views 56.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok, I've phoned the 6 or so parts suppliers here in Mid-West NSW and they can supply 4K manifold gasket in 2 pieces, I assume all from ACL. However one piece ones do exist, they come if you buy a full head set for over $100...

 

So, does anyone know where to get the one piece gaskets from??

 

..and I've never seen a worse bit of engineering design as when I pulled the manifolds off!! Fking rubbish ideas, tilted motor, manifolds underneath, blocked by starter and alty, covered in anti-pollution crap, not enough manifold bolts and the ones they have are too big...

 

Hey Mr P. I believe that ACL makes the one piece gasket, I'm unsure of the part number (camerondownunder88 might know), You can sometimes get the break down of part numbers that is in the full head sets so that may be an option.

Get yourself a Permaseal EM30. :P

 

Available through Bursons, listed in the Lukey parts catelogue as "K series extractor gaskets". RRP is around $12 which actually makes them cheaper than the ACL/Ezy fit ones!!!! :cool:

  • Author

Ah- thanks guys, I'll get onto those!!

 

You just can't beat 'the interwebs.... ' :P

If you want even better than the permaseal ones then next step up in Genuine Toyota gaskets.

Around $35-35 but have pressed steel re-inforcing around all the port holes, and are basically re-usable. :P

  • Author

Permaseal here by the end of the week-

 

Gasket shows blow-through in the middle, as expected.

post-7544-1233730037_thumb.jpg

  • Author

but a steel block with sandpaper showed that the inlets had good sealing while the exhausts were not flat in line- hardly touching the middle exhaust properly. We could slide a 6 or 8thou feeler gauge under a steel rule across the middle, so the exhaust is recessed on the front face and even worse, the inlet flanges are a bit thicker than the iron ones! Also less than a mm, but it all adds up.

post-7544-1233730122_thumb.jpg

Edited by altezzaclub

  • Author

and a look at the head showed-

 

The front stud of the middle ones had too long a shoulder... It was over 14mm from the head, while the manifold is 12mm and a compressed gasket is 1mm

 

 

The rearmost stud came out with the nut, so the nut had bottomed on the stud before it tightened right up

post-7544-1233730309_thumb.jpg

Edited by altezzaclub

  • Author

I took the middle studs out & found some bolts the right length.

 

Lacking a die tap for that size I took an old bolt, screwed a nut on it then hacksawed a couple of grooves up the thread. A wirebrush and a working of the nut up and down gave me a cleaning bolt that I spun into each hole.

 

This picked up all bits of dirt into the grooves and let me check the absolute depth of the holes. Its amazing how much crap can be in a hole on a head. I don't know if you young guys do these tricks-

 

We will see how this goes this weekend...

post-7544-1233730588.jpg

Get yourself a Permaseal EM30. :D

 

Available through Bursons, listed in the Lukey parts catelogue as "K series extractor gaskets". RRP is around $12 which actually makes them cheaper than the ACL/Ezy fit ones!!!! :y:

 

Sorry Simon, I completely forgot about you.

  • Author
get toyota genuine, they are one peice and are great!

 

Ah- when I ph'd Toyota they said they were 2-piece... and $104!! I've since decided that was a complete headset, seeing we paid $10 for this one-

post-7544-1233966586_thumb.jpg

but a steel block with sandpaper showed that the inlets had good sealing while the exhausts were not flat in line- hardly touching the middle exhaust properly. We could slide a 6 or 8thou feeler gauge under a steel rule across the middle, so the exhaust is recessed on the front face and even worse, the inlet flanges are a bit thicker than the iron ones! Also less than a mm, but it all adds up.
That's interesting... might explain (what I think) is an exhaust leak on my 5K. Cheers for the info!

From my experience (i work in spare parts) any k motor extractor gasket will be one piece, regradless of brand.

Any manifold set for these motors, is always two piece.

Hope that helps.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.