Rotary In2 Ke20

sk8er_383

Members dont see this ad

it is legal to put a 12a 0r 13b n/a into a ke20 corolla. i have all the legal calculations and formulars from the qld transport department. only changes needed is to change front seatbelts to retracterbles and change brakes to dual circuit ie: 1977 corolla. i am putting one in my ke20 and i just need a r/h chasis rail to finish (please help) :dance:

it is legal to put a 12a 0r 13b n/a into a ke20 corolla. i have all the legal calculations and formulars from the qld transport department. only changes needed is to change front seatbelts to retracterbles and change brakes to dual circuit ie: 1977 corolla. i am putting one in my ke20 and i just need a r/h chasis rail to finish (please help) :dance:

You're kidding yourself so much it is truly amazing.

You will need upgraded fuel pump, crossmember changes etc blah to get the motor in and running. but I'm sure you knew that. The brakes however, is laughable. You will need far better than 1977 brakes to safely operate a ke20 with a 13b in it. suspension will also need to be looked at, as will the driveline.

if you plan to drive your rotoary powered ke20 with just ke55 brakes, please do not share a road with me.

i've still got that chassis rail for you.

in NSW you can't put a 12A into a ke20 (760kg) as they count it as 2.4 litres and you can only put 2.3 NA or 1.9 FI. This is from the table on the RTA pages. HOWEVER a mate just got his 12A carby in his ke20 passed by an engineer but its slow anyway.

You're kidding yourself so much it is truly amazing.

You will need upgraded fuel pump, crossmember changes etc blah to get the motor in and running. but I'm sure you knew that. The brakes however, is laughable. You will need far better than 1977 brakes to safely operate a ke20 with a 13b in it. suspension will also need to be looked at, as will the driveline.

if you plan to drive your rotoary powered ke20 with just ke55 brakes, please do not share a road with me.

The changes you noted are necessary items for the fitment of the driveline and fuel system. Not requirements that an engineer would nominate, as its a given that they would have to be done.

I have a 12a in my KE30 and the engineer didnt nominate brakes as a required upgrade, as the factory power figures given for a stock 12A and a Jap spec 4K are within a certain percentage. However i did upgrade my brakes for peace of mind.

Things that were requested were:

- Crack testing of the front hub/stub axles

- Diff upgrade

- Specific design of engine mounting

- Tail Shaft Loop

Then theres the ovbious brake testing and dB tests that are undertaken once the car is ready for engineering.

I've had fabrication such as diff upgrade, engine and gearbox mounting done by qualified workshops because i want that peace of mind that its all done right.

I've done everything else. Budget around $15,000 if you want it all done right. Depending on how far you go with gauges and paintjob......it could be less.