Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What Engine Oil Do You Use?

Featured Replies

Hey guys.

 

I'm wondering what the best engine oil is for K motors. I've got a 5K and I'm planning on changing the oil today. I usually use Caltex Havoline multigrade 20W/50. It seems alright but I can't help but wonder if there's something better out there.. so what does everyone else use?

 

Cheers.

20W/50 is always the way to go.

As for the brand, anything but home brand would be fine i reckon.

but penzoil is definitely up the ranks as one of the best :yes:

  • Author

So I'm sticking with 20W/50 it looks like. :yes: I guess brand-wise it doesn't really matter then?

 

Cheers guys.

i use castrol gtx or gtx2, never had any problems n its 20/50

I use mobil 1 synthetic in the 4AGE which is 5W - 30, though I think you can get different rates in it now.

 

For the 3TG I will use a 20w 50 preferably something from Penrite. I swear by Penrite from my old 2T days.

My 4k runs really well on Penrite HPR30 Which is a 15w60.

  • 1 month later...

Penrite HPR30 all the way!

HPR 30 is actually 20W60.

They recommend it for older engines, expensive for a young bloke like me though. :locked:

motul 15w50 cost 60 at autobarn, 4k runs really nice on this :locked:

Edited by trav_555

Penrite HPR30 all the way!

HPR 30 is actually 20W60.

They recommend it for older engines, expensive for a young bloke like me though. :locked:

 

 

Yeah, my Bad got em mixed up. I use the HPR 15

I've got a 3k (I think? 60 bhp or something), I usually fill it up with the most simple 10w-40 or 5w-40 I can find. I occasionally fill, the two last times it's been dry. Approaching 300k km :D

Edited by eiriksmil

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.