21-bjf's Ke20

21-BJF

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

was a bit of a mission but having the right tools and equipment at your disposal really helps. I actually work for a performance workshop in Brissy, so it has just been a matter of finding time to work on it. it has taken just over 2 years to get to the stage that it is at now. orginally had a 4k with a 5spd in it when i bought it for $500 and drove it home. body work was terrible to start with as every pannel had been kicked in by an escaped mental patient (true story) . . .

i will stick a complete list of specs up later today or tonight when i get a chance.

b.

post-7651-1234230313.jpg

post-7651-1234230340.jpg

post-7651-1234230361_thumb.jpg

heaps cool! i love it. what you doing about rear end and suspension jsut curiously?

2 words - lowering blocks :cool:

that will be the extent of mods for the rear end to start with. i have a hilux diff sitting in the shed, but just want to get in back on the street first, and i figure the stock diff will be a nice reminder for me not to skid it up everywhere. as far as my first stage of plans go, i would love to hit the 275hp mark on the uncracked motor with a high flowed turbo. i have a microtech lt10s going in her as well as a eboost2 and a heap of other goodies. hardest part of the conversion was sorting the gearbox. a stock s13 5 spd gearbox has the shifter coming up dead inline with the centre of the handbrake lever, so we ended up transfering over a rear extension housing from a skyline gearbox which bought the shift point foward nicely. we used s6 rx7 engine mounts(due to large amount in stock at work :hmm: ) and adapted them to the car. i also wanted to put a cage in it because i am a bit of a realist and with the possible power that can be drawn from a good sr these days, i wanted to have at lest some chance incase things go pear shaped one day, so at the moment i have a 6 point half cage with removable side intrusion bars the next thing on the list. we have also done a heap of work to the front of the car to get the big custom pwr cooler and custom alloy radiator to fit in behind the front apron/bumper. is coming alone nicely and i will get some more pics up soon.

SOOO jealous of the colour....looks fkn fantabulous...

congrats on a cool car.

Mark

Colour is Electric Orange, stolen from a new Ford Focus Turbo. my father in law and myself did in in my shed over chrissy/new years. This is my first old school car build up and i am the first to admit that i have never ever appreciated the work that goes into a paint job, in the past it has always been drop in, pay money and pick up. between the 2 of us there would have to be at least 170hrs including bare metal strip down without paint stripper (father in law said i would not appreciate it if i cut corners) there is 14 coats on the car, and it is only still off the gun as he wanted to let it harden up as much as possible before doing the final buff, so once the motor is back in running and tuned, and the interior is finished off then it will be back home for the final buff before it hits the streets. i was hoping for mini jam but with that being cancelled in not sure what i can push for now.