Water Leaking Into The Peddles

DoAwEe

Hey guys,

recently I have been getting water in my car (91 corolla) and its dripping where the peddles (clutch, brake and accel) are located, but I can't seem to locate where exactly the leak is originating from. Specifically it happens on rainy days.

so I just wanted to ask, is this a common problem? does anyone else have the same problem and how did you fix it?

I asked a mate and he said it could be a leak from the windshield?

any ideas and opinions/solutions would be much appriciated!

regards,

D

Members dont see this ad
Checked its not coming out of the heater core somewhere?

Doubt it, heater core is way over on the passenger side so for it to leak into the driver's footwell would take some effort, especially if it's not leaking on the passenger side.

Rust under the windscreen seals is very common for AE92 models.

Rust under the windscreen will be letting the water in, running down the A pillar down to the kick panel and spilling out into the floor...

Get a torch, pull back the carpet, remove the kick panel trim and A pillar trim and check for water marks...

Also check that there are no missing plugs in the firewall that could be letting water through...

hey guys,

so here is an update of my problem.

my mechanic friend had a look at it and couldn't seem to find the source of the leak, we took a hose and blasted the windsheild with water for a good minute or so just to see if we could identify where the leak was originating from...... we had no luck..... it water was to be seen.

the next day, I've pulled apart the water grill which sits under the wipers and did a water test, pouring water and trying to see where it went.... once again no water to be found in the peddles....

its been raining here (NSW) for over 1 week straight now and for some reason, somedays there is water leaking and other days nothing..... how wierd...

(keeping in mind, when i say leak, its not a constant leak... it drips for about a minute or so as i get in the car, then it stops for the entire ride/day)

so pretty much I am all out for ideas on fixing this REALLY ANNOYING problem...

I also hear that it could be something to do with condensation regarding the aircon ???

I'm in dying need of help.... anyone else have any ideas????

thanks guys..

as rolla boy suggested (if you already havent)

check the engine bay, I'm not 100% but I'm fairly sure there are a few rubber grommets on the DS side of the firewall.

Have you been using the aircon? If not, I doubt it would be condensation from the air conditioner.

does it leak if left out in the rain over night, or only when driving?

Check the rear of the drivers gaurd (should be consealed by a plastic inner gaurd in there) and have a look for any leaks in behind the inner gaurd (the black plastic "shield")

Could be the water being flicked up by the wheels when driving, then being blown behind the gaurd and into the footwell.

Id be a bit worried about the fact the fuse box is behind the drivers kick panel, don't let it get too soggy.

its like this,

i leave the car overnight, and then in the morning as soon as i get in the car, it starts to drip down only for abit, and then it stops. But as i said before, the wierd thing is that sometimes there is water there in the morning even if it hasn't rained.

nothing drips when i am driving..

i also unscrewed the plastic bit underneath the steering column and see if i could get a better view but i couldn't see any pipes of any sort.

so yea...........

There is nothing above the pedals that could drip, nothing at all...

Possibly check the rear washer jet hose that runs down the side of the car as that could have sprung a leak???

Other than that you'll have to strip the car and water leak test it till you find the problem area...