Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Oil Oil Oil

Featured Replies

Where from? Did you drop that radiator flush and put coolant in it?

  • Replies 73
  • Views 63.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Author

I did.

Not the best pic but when I checked this morning there was coolant sprayed all over the place. This after noon I tracked it to the top radiator hose where it meets the engine. I tightened it this afternoon and will see tomorrow if it still leaks.

post-1158-1235727522_thumb.jpg

You aren't really having a good run with that motor are you JiP ?

If you get sick of it, toss it my way. And as payment, you can mow my backyard for me.

 

 

How old's the hose ? Cause they can deteriorate on the inside to such a point where they'll leak and/or split or burst

Yeeeep me thinks its a fair trade :dance:

 

I'll take your problematic motor and you can have my problematic back yard to mow each and every week :y:

 

 

But anywhat, i'd start thinking of new top and bottom hoses if the leak comes back again once too often. Not really all that good on the hose if you have to keep tightening the clamp up.

I can't really see it being the clamp itself coming loose but it might even be worth a shot in swapping it over with the one on the radiator and seeing what happens..

And this was meant to be a temporary fix until you got the money to get another car registered and pull the 5k out and freshen it up, I did say to you that I didn't like removing a head just to do a gasket as there are chances of it needing machining altho most of the time a head will be square.

:dance: take the head off and skim it.

 

Yeah no shit but Jon needs his car, He can't just give it up, I told Jon I didnt want to do it that way but all he needs right now is a car that does not leak oil so he can park on job sites without getting into shit, Once he gets the money he is registering another car and taking the 5k out to get rebuilt.

 

Don't try to make out that I don't know what I'm doing, I did what the 'customer' wanted.

hrmm well the customer fails at life :dance:

 

if you need to keep it on the road the whole time track down a second head and get that all checked out john.

 

and if you need to swap it in a days work on the weekend should do it, hell i have pulling the head and putting back on again down to a hour tops now and ive only done it four times :y:

Can you just use a oil pan for at work? Saves doing all the work if all you are trying to do is not get in trouble.

Jon came over today so I could look at it.

 

THE OIL LEAK IS NOW FIXED, IT WAS NUMBER 2 & 3 SPARK PLUG TUBE.

Edited by Trev

  • Author

Yes it is now fixed. Now usually when you fix something, something else breaks. I just didn't know it'd be so soon. One of my HID's just died.

So i'll try to fix that in the next couple days. Then hopefully next week sort out the rest of the wiring.

Bit off topic but where did you get your HID kit from?

Yes it is now fixed. Now usually when you fix something, something else breaks. I just didn't know it'd be so soon. One of my HID's just died.

So i'll try to fix that in the next couple days. Then hopefully next week sort out the rest of the wiring.

 

And we realised that someone has broken the alternator sense wiring off of the alternator :dance:

  • Author

It came from China. I have 2 spare kits, well only one now as i had to use one to fix Lolla this morning.

I checked the car this morning as i got to work and there is a small bit of oil dribbling from spark plug no.2. I think this arvo i'll buy new tubes and rings.

And also i'm parked on a nice clean stretch of road today so i'll see later if i continue to drip.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.