Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Commodore Questions (biased Opinions Not Needed)

Featured Replies

I had a vs ute for a fair while. Probably 4 years. In that time, the only expensive issue was the clutch. It has a dual mass flywheel which you need to replace and it runs to 2k. If I wanted it cheap to maintain Id stick with the vr and its more simplified clutch.

 

Other than that it was awesome. It was a 5 speed and it was very decent to drive, had a little bit of suspension work and it felt very planted.

 

Motor never let me down, although it was professionally serviced the whole time.

post-2885-1235804579_thumb.jpg

  • Replies 35
  • Views 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And thats the trick right there kids.... servicing. Old school tech needs old school servicing and maintenance. Once these things start going down the slippery slope of neglect, a cascade effect happens and everything goes to shit.

  • Author
I would only buy a commodore if it was either a SS or clubsport. Anything from VP upwards. Would love to get a Vt or Vx but i'm only dreaming.

I saw this wicked looking ba XR6 Turbo for sale, 19,900. Took it for a spin and it gave me goose bumps. Got a credit check and i was approved for the loan.. I don't know how i walked out of there without buying it but i don't like being in debt. Only 600 bucks a month for 5 years so yeah.. Bit too much for a fancy car.

 

Dad has a XR6 Turbz ute. Thing pulls like a fricken freight train.

I have a vs, I bought her 3 years ago off ebay for $1200. That was all the $$$ I had at the time, my vk was dead and needed a new ride.

 

She has been a great car, it is still parked up the back of this place, it had been badly neglected when I got it and I have had a few small problems.

 

Stem seals on number 6 have failed, I switch a spark plug from another cylinder every so often when it drops out.

 

Back shockies

 

Rear brakes and you have to belt the F****** S*** out of the dash some mornings for the fuel gauge to work.

 

Apart from that, it is on standard suspension, running 18's, 2.5" mandrel bent exhaust and a lime green paint job. Great towing car, even pics somewhere on here in my ke70 thread of it towing stuff about. It is also a great daily runabout, just always needs little things fixing.

 

 

Would I buy another?

 

Probably not, if I were to I would want a VS 5L statesman fully optioned.

 

 

 

One more common thing to die on any post VL commodore: Crank Angle Sensors and ignition modules.

Looks good. I had an ED Futura Classic and it was a great car. Had no issues other than a head gasket and the mechanic dropping a spanner down into the motor. The factory mounting point for the sub came in handy.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.