My Ke30

nickyboy

sarp rollaclub, havent put up a members ride since my first car so here i am to do it again.

swapped my rusty old 70 wagon for this 1975 ke30!

DSC00327.jpg

its stock, and needs a new drivers front quarter panel (are early ones and late ones the same?) and a boot. so if anyone in Adelaide has a white one for sale let me know :cool:

havent been able to give it a clean yet due to the crappy weather in SA, interiors pretty overrated, needs a new back seat (the back part) and a few tears in the front seats which i'll prob get stitched up. i spent today mounting and hooking up an electric fan. basically 2 metal brackets along the front holding in place and a switch in the cabin which goes the the coil and then to the fan, he other wire to the battery. i thought i did a pretty decent job and the switch looks like it was always meant to be there!

fan

DSC00328.jpg

the switch

DSC00329.jpg

plans are to just make this a nice cruise, pretty much lowered on whitewalls with black steelies and chrome hubcap and trims, a nice sound system to keep me happy, front visor (anyone got one for sale?) and most probably a 4k down the track

cheers

Edited by nickyboy

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks pretty tidy Nick! boot has rust in this one yah?

As for guards I pretty sure Lawson can get brand new ke30 guards, not genuine though. I was gonna go this way with my old TE30 as I found it impossible to source good front guards.

Plans sound good, When I get around to it I 'll see if those Corona hubbies I told you about are still there.

also venetian!

Cheers, Ben.

sarp rollaclub, havent put up a members ride since my first car so here i am to do it again.

swapped my rusty old 70 wagon for this 1975 ke30!

DSC00327.jpg

its stock, and needs a new drivers front quarter panel (are early ones and late ones the same?) and a boot. so if anyone in Adelaide has a white one for sale let me know :cool:

havent been able to give it a clean yet due to the crappy weather in SA, interiors pretty overrated, needs a new back seat (the back part) and a few tears in the front seats which i'll prob get stitched up. i spent today mounting and hooking up an electric fan. basically 2 metal brackets along the front holding in place and a switch in the cabin which goes the the coil and then to the fan, he other wire to the battery. i thought i did a pretty decent job and the switch looks like it was always meant to be there!

fan

DSC00328.jpg

the switch

DSC00329.jpg

plans are to just make this a nice cruise, pretty much lowered on whitewalls with black steelies and chrome hubcap and trims, a nice sound system to keep me happy, front visor (anyone got one for sale?) and most probably a 4k down the track

cheers

hi there.it was awhile ago but fairmont wreckers at wingfield had above average ke30 wreck . try them for your front panel? and boot i do know the car was white..

That thermo is going to do 2/10's of f@$k all!!

You need to mount it hard up against the radiator cause at the moment it'll just be pushing air out between the gap. :cool:

ahk, cheers. i'll look into fixing that then.

Looks pretty tidy Nick! boot has rust in this one yah?

As for guards I pretty sure Lawson can get brand new ke30 guards, not genuine though. I was gonna go this way with my old TE30 as I found it impossible to source good front guards.

Plans sound good, When I get around to it I 'll see if those Corona hubbies I told you about are still there.

also venetian!

Cheers, Ben.

cheers dude, might give dave a call then.

• 2 weeks later...

nick,

nice 30 dude, remindes me of one i used to have almost identical to this one!

i got a complete set of T sereis centre caps if your interested...

but I'm guessing you will be swapping rims to some jap style ones??

let me know if your keen

cheers

henry

nah not really keen on making this jap. i've got 13x7s i could put on, but would rather not ruin the car.

what do these centers look like? i'm getting my steelies back on (13s) and getting them white walled. its just a cruiser really

should be getting a respray in white soon, all rust and dints cleaned up.

umm they are a centre cap, that i think comes stock on the ke30's.. (not to sure i have only ever owned one 30)

its not a hub cap just a centre cap, from memory it has a T in the middle of it... ill take a pic in the next few days ... bit hard to describe...

might not be your cup of tea though.. just throwing it out there cause i have no use for them!

cheers

henry

That thermo is going to do 2/10's of f@$k all!!

You need to mount it hard up against the radiator cause at the moment it'll just be pushing air out between the gap. :P

Agreed, generally helps if they're shrouded too, although that's for thermos mounted on the rear of the radiator (and act as draw-throughs, not blowers)

should be getting a respray in white soon, all rust and dints cleaned up.

should deffs go pearl pink, and spray interior white. Then I'd come cruising with you :P ...

Those Rona hubbies I told you about are no longer around either dude, pitty cos they would've looked rad on this

Another option which I think would look cool is 14" RA40 steelies with trim rings and centre caps like on OKE-020's CA streeter. Thats what I wanna go on my KE20 atm

ps actually keep this rig lol, I wanna see a decent KE30 getting around.

Cheers, Ben.