The "jdm" Ae71 Build Up

trav_555

that is awsome news to hear about the auto shaft woop woop lucky i kept mine lol haha this should haul ass when it is done man!!!

was lookin at the ke70 pedal box the other night and it shouldn't be to hard to modify to make it take a master cylinder aye!!!!

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea i looked at mine in the black car and it shouldn't be too hard :y:

Probably even easier than modifying an ae71 auto too :P

All still very possible too though :y:

Yea now all you need is to find a manual yoke :P

Now I'm off to get some wiring sorted, you have no idea how tempting it is to hook up a the jdm ecu and bolt in the 4age stock :P i reckon i could get it in by the end of the week on stock ecu :P

Would be skids galore around the industrial estate considering i have like 10 stock rims with fresh tyres on them hahaha + 6 of those performance globes and 4 stock r31 rims with no tyres though :P

Tempting tempting, parents are away next week, tempting tempting :hammer:

Travis

but the only problem is gettin rid of the skid marks :hammer:

meh i have decided i am going to use the celica motor tailshaft and what not to get the rolla happening so i have got a manual yoke already there :y:

well i think you should do it 1st time properly so nothing breaks lol

Yea I'm not gonna put it all in, cause i remebered id have to buy some fuel :hammer: :y: :y:

Pulled out the auto pedal box just then, got manual one in, just need to drill the 3 holes, then thats done, waiting on clutch master cylinder and all that hydraulic clutch stuff to come back from being rebuilt.

I'm not looking forward to paying Microtech $350 for a new basemap, has anyone had experiance with the lt10s? is there a way around it?

Then the fact to get a wideband i need to pay another 600.... Seems to be a very expensive ECU.

AND still havent gotten a damn reply to my email i sent them! They don't seem reliable at all, what I'm meant to send them my ecu with a bit of writing connected to it, then they do stuff to it and send it back when they can't even reply to my damn email? I don't think so...

Cheers

Travis

Not much yet, haven't had cash, as i said its a build up and i explained a whole heap of jdm things to come in one of the first posts

Jdm lights and bumpers and the jdm taillights, jdm gearbox i already have, gonna get jdm rims, and interior is gonna be a plush white leather

Money can start to be spent in 2 weeks yay!!!

Travis

EDIT: Yes but i got it free, so its sucks my free ass

and it came with the loom and all that shabangle, off er i just couldnt pass up ahahahah

Edited by trav_555

Not much yet, haven't had cash, as i said its a build up and i explained a whole heap of jdm things to come in one of the first posts

Jdm lights and bumpers and the jdm taillights, jdm gearbox i already have, gonna get jdm rims, and interior is gonna be a plush white leather

Money can start to be spent in 2 weeks yay!!!

Travis

EDIT: Yes but i got it free, so its sucks my free ass

and it came with the loom and all that shabangle, off er i just couldnt pass up ahahahah

then why claim i got excited.

going to be good, I'm glad you seen the light

Yea man, woudlnt have seen it without what you said, so it worked in the haha, Thanks for that :hammer:

And the jdm taillights arnt exactly the same, they have a chrome strip instead of the adm black plastic strip

Makes them look nicer i reckon

And D1Dooney i don't get what you mean?

O and Microtech with loom is going up for sale. i don't feel like fiddling with it.

Cheers

Travis

also i have been looking at the auto and manual pedal boxes, and seriously if you know how to weld you could EASY make te auto pedal box a manual pedal box :hammer:, so if anyone wants to do this before i do pm me and i will get you any measurements you want

I have also given this some thought. Given the price of AE71 pedal boxes these days it is worth thinking about.

Best bet would be to take the pair of them (auto and manual) to a metal fabricator or welder and see if they can make something up. If it can be done for say less than $100 you are laughing. You could sell them for $250 each and reap the rewards. Also, the amount of auto pedal boxes there would be around to make it from would be plentiful. Most of them probably see the bin.

The only issues you would have would be finding a manual brake pedal, they are smaller remember and also finding a suitable clutch pedal. Again these could probably be made up by someone with the appropriate skills. If these had to be made up though the cost would probably outweigh just buying a factory one from someone.

Yes that's what i think too

I'M doing my apprenticeship in metal fabrication with my father, i'm currently second year, so no problem there

i wonder what other models have similar pedals? ke model corolla pedals?

and with the manual vs auto brake pedal, you could probably make it so that the clutch pedal sits over that little bit further to allow for room for the larger auto pedal

i will have another look at it though and cross reference some differences, are manual ae71 that expensive? gee, you could make a trade + cash, IE person gives you auto pedal box and cash and you give them modified box back

Might be a good start to a business, and end up a sponsor on these forums, IE ae86dc and here

Cheers

Travis

Yes that's what i think too

I'M doing my apprenticeship in metal fabrication with my father, i'm currently second year, so no problem there

i wonder what other models have similar pedals? ke model corolla pedals?

and with the manual vs auto brake pedal, you could probably make it so that the clutch pedal sits over that little bit further to allow for room for the larger auto pedal

i will have another look at it though and cross reference some differences, are manual ae71 that expensive? gee, you could make a trade + cash, IE person gives you auto pedal box and cash and you give them modified box back

Might be a good start to a business, and end up a sponsor on these forums, IE ae86dc and here

Cheers

Travis

Auto brake pedals are fairly wide it would probably be dangerous to use one due to lack of room for each pedal etc.

You could make some money from this idea if you are handy enough. You would be better off just manufacturing them and selling them for a price rather than on an exchange type arrangement. You would be able to find tons of auto pedal boxes at Self Serve Dismantlers as noone wants them. If you go to one of those places have a look at the manual AE71s, there is never a pedal box in there but all the autos are untouched.

Actually after thinking about it you could probably use the pedals (brake and clutch) from a KE70 pedal box. They are a dime a dozen as everyone gets rid of them for a AE71 setup.

I have definitely given this some thought and given how many people want these damn pedal boxes there is an opportunity there in the market.