May 13, 200917 yr Author comment_344344 Alright started stripping down the 4age I need an impact wrench, can't put it on stand till i have one, so i did what i could for an hour and a half. And heres me and my 2 best mates, Gonna take the girl for a slide in the ae71 when its done, shes actually really into cars and if she isnt caught up by hsc is gonna help me with the ae71, she has already come down and helped abit and so has her sister :D And the other lad is my best mate, helping me build it and gonna be passenger/pit man in most of the events i go to :jamie: Yes we were bored at the Jetty so i whipped out the camera ahahahahaha, why am I not in any photos of my cars? Cheers Travis Edited May 13, 200917 yr by trav_555 Report
May 14, 200917 yr Author comment_344683 Started doing a bit on the pedal box again, ive decided I'm going to use the auto brake pdal out of the other ke70 as the clutch pedal instead of the ke70 clutch pedal BECAUSE: * Ke70 and ae71 and t18 brake pedals can be used * More brake pedals thna ke70 clutch pedals, obviously * Already Comes with hydraulic gear! ie the little pin and stuff!! just drill the hole again! and walla done! * Also there thicker steel than the clutch pedals for some reason So yes thats what I'm doing tomorow, is modifying it to fit I will post pics if it goes well :y: Cheers Travis Report
May 15, 200917 yr comment_344871 You need the impact wrench to remove the flywheel bolts? I normally just use a breaker bar and a rubber mallet. Couple of decent whacks and they loosen up. :y: Report
May 15, 200917 yr Author comment_344888 I don't have a breaker bar either...... Their the ones that have a pole that you hit in on the end right? I don't work in a mechanics shop, this is unusual work for the workshop. Cheers. Travis. Report
May 15, 200917 yr comment_344895 I don't have a breaker bar either...... Their the ones that have a pole that you hit in on the end right? I don't work in a mechanics shop, this is unusual work for the workshop. Cheers. Travis. You can use a ratchet instead, just don't use a cheap shitty ratchet as 1 hit with the ballet could wreck the ratchet mechanism. Thats why I said breaker bar, but in all honesty I normally use a quality ratchet....... somebody else's quality ratchet if at all possible!!! :y: Edited May 15, 200917 yr by Taz_Rx Report
May 15, 200917 yr Author comment_344928 O well i borrowed the workshops next dorr rattle gun for over the weekend :y: So yea should be apart tomorow i hope. Also i went into Coffs Harbour today to get prices for rebuild and things. Quotes are being made up next week, but 160ish for a trd 0.8mm metal headgasket, I can't decide if thats expensive or not ahahhaahah! can't wait to find out prices, want it running already!!!!! Cheers. Travis. Report
May 22, 200917 yr Author comment_346678 Of course it will!! And its getting some sussy mods don't worry For hillclimb :D Ive done up some prices for "The Entire Build Roughly" Costs I Have Planned So far: Engine: Block work and new pistons - 1000-1500 headwork - 1000ish maybe more 304 cams - 250-1000 genuine gasket kit - 350-500 new parts ie water pump and shit - 200-500 trd head gasket 150 - 200 any other mods i think of along the way - 0-1000 bout 4000-5500 all up Exterior: rust removal - 800 Body extras from J land ie quads and bumpers etc - 800-1000 Paint - 1500 Suspension: 3000-5000 all up Interior: f@$ked if i know about 3000+ so thats: ______ 13,000 f@$k! LOL Report
May 22, 200917 yr Author comment_346694 I just put that as a guess, i don't know yet. Its the last thing to be done, will be stock interior until next year. I was thinking Sparco steerer, Sparco seats, And then A complete white leather interior. Havent decided yet, i will see how things go, Its a very undecided area. What do you think about oter prices? am i being reasonable? I think i am being pretty close Wait also add megasquirt $400+ tune.... :D I hate prices hahaha!!! Travis Report
May 22, 200917 yr comment_346713 idk prices seem fair I suppose although you will also need decent sized wheels and good tyres which will ad AT LEAST $2000 don't know why you want full white leather interior in a track car though lol I have a overrated 16 year old MomoCorse 1000 Laghi VTR fixed back on AE86 rails, Nardi wheel, HKB boss, alloy Blaze gearknob and a decent Pioneer MP3 headunit with some Kenwood 6" splits for tunes and thats only just over $1000. I have no need for any more for driving... Cheers, Ben. Report
May 22, 200917 yr Author comment_346722 Yea i just thought might as well go all out on interior if I'm going all out on everything else Its not just a track car its mostly my daily that I'm gonna take to the track very often Yea i forgot wheels. Darn 15,500 so far........(including 3000 for interior which could be a bit much i think) Cheers Travis Report
May 22, 200917 yr comment_346726 lol a worked 4age with 304 degree cams is gonna be very loud (as in very very loud), terrible to drive in traffic and would make the shittest daily... You will be defected straight away, even if the cop is deaf you'll still get defected for sussy, wheel track etc :D Cheers, Ben. Edited May 22, 200917 yr by benzo Report
May 23, 200917 yr Author comment_346784 Haha Do you have any sound clips of a 304 powered 4age? I think if its set up right it A.) Wont be too loud, and B.) Should be able to drive in traffic. Yea I'm a little bit worried about the suspension I think I'm going to go a nicer stance than massive wide track stance. This is the kind of stance i was aiming for, not heaps out there but still really nice: I think that is reasonable Also i REALLY like those rims, great dish and style :D I want :fuzz: Also There are many different types of 304 cams, they have different lift and such Will lift affect noise? i was thinking the HKS 304 cams that are like 8.5?ish lift. Considering stock is 7.5ish Cheers Travis Report
May 23, 200917 yr comment_346787 those rims are mk3's trav :D they are very nice wheels. and yeah thats an awsome stance :fuzz: Edited May 23, 200917 yr by southslide Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now