June 4, 200917 yr Author comment_349830 Pics of cam gear cover, didnt bolt it on, And it has a scratch!!! :bash: I think it might have been from shipping or sometihng cause i noticed it before I put it on :P o well nothing I can do about it.... Pics: Cheers. Travis. Edited June 4, 200917 yr by trav_555 Report
June 8, 200917 yr Author comment_350676 Ok weekend update: Ive been cleaning, antirust prepping, wleding on flat front rad support and seam welding and accidently setting things on fire. Pics and Details later on tonight as I'm still doing it, I'm just have a quick break and catching my breath ;) Travis. Report
June 8, 200917 yr comment_350677 Hey whats the difference between a flat front rad support and a slanty one? Would it be easier to make a slanty one fit a flat front or just simply weld in a new flat front rad support? Is it just the upper section that needs doing? Report
June 8, 200917 yr Author comment_350747 Hey whats the difference between a flat front rad support and a slanty one? Would it be easier to make a slanty one fit a flat front or just simply weld in a new flat front rad support? Is it just the upper section that needs doing? I didnt look at the differeences, and it also depends how much modiflying you want to do, I found it would be easier for me to weld in a new flat front panel as I was going to weld it in stronger thna any stock front anyway. But in saying that you probably could use an ae71 slant front and put qaud lights on it, just would need more modifying and probably not look as neat ;) Travis. Report
June 8, 200917 yr Author comment_350751 Heres some photos of what I have done this weekend ;) Day 1: As you can see, all i did was weld in flat front rad support, clean entire car, and prep for seam welding. Travis. Report
June 8, 200917 yr Author comment_350758 Pictures Cont: As you can see, Rad support Isd welded in completely, and around strut bars and most of engine bay has been seam welded, man doing that took some time, so much stuffing aorund to get settings perfect.... I got it in the end with minimal holes blown and any that were were filled. Cheers. Travis. Report
June 8, 200917 yr comment_350760 my kneck hurts lol stop stuff any ways , are you smoothing the engine bay out or some thing ? like filling in all the unwanted holes ? Report
June 8, 200917 yr Author comment_350763 Yep, ive already wire brushed around the holes, just I ran out of time and daylight ;) And how did I know someone would complain about there neck hahahahaha. Have a cup o' concrete ahahahahhaahha. ;) Travis. Report
June 8, 200917 yr comment_350766 na I'm slowly learning to turn my monitor on the side before i open your thread lol but some of them where left hand down that time Report
June 8, 200917 yr Author comment_350768 Hahaha, theres a thing on some graphics cards that allows you to turn the screen around without turning the monitor around, like its a program ahahaha. People should get that before looking in here ahaha, O and 56k beware ahahah I'm on 256k and i still havent loaded all the photos i uploaded ahahahhhaaha Travis. Report
June 9, 200917 yr comment_350946 Nice to see someone understands the idea of stitch welding, most people would just gun for it and seam weld the whole thing in one go. Report
June 9, 200917 yr comment_350950 Pics of cam gear cover, didnt bolt it on, And it has a scratch!!! ;) I think it might have been from shipping or sometihng cause i noticed it before I put it on ;) o well nothing I can do about it.... Pics: Cheers. Travis. I can guarantee that it wasn't scratched before I shipped it, if its happened, its not my fault, and has been done after it came from the box. I only ever removed one from the plastic sleeve it came in and that was Haos one, which he collected first. There would have been fingerprints all over it if I had handled it. Anyhow, have a good one, maybe you can polish it out. Report
June 9, 200917 yr Author comment_351048 Nice to see someone understands the idea of stitch welding, most people would just gun for it and seam weld the whole thing in one go. Cheers man ;) Yea I consulted my dad about it before I did it. And I'm a sheet metal apprentice so i know most of the shit already, especially since ive been doing it since I was very young. I can guarantee that it wasn't scratched before I shipped it, if its happened, its not my fault, and has been done after it came from the box. I only ever removed one from the plastic sleeve it came in and that was Haos one, which he collected first. There would have been fingerprints all over it if I had handled it. Anyhow, have a good one, maybe you can polish it out. Its alright Matt, Its like a tiny little scratch, kinda one that could have happened from it hitting the cardboard box when I pulled it out or when it was being chucked around through post. Should buff out if i continue to notice, no drama and sorry if I offended you its a great product ;) Cheers. Travis. Report
June 9, 200917 yr comment_351057 Hahaha, theres a thing on some graphics cards that allows you to turn the screen around without turning the monitor around, like its a program ahahaha. People should get that before looking in here ahaha, O and 56k beware ahahah I'm on 256k and i still havent loaded all the photos i uploaded ahahahhhaaha Travis. There's also this handy function built into Windows Picture & Fax Viewer with an arrow pointing left or right for you to rotate your own pictures. ahahahhhaaha Poster should make his thread more viewer friendly ;) Edited June 9, 200917 yr by Instigator Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now