July 15, 200917 yr Author comment_359179 I'm thinking now mandarin with a blue pearl over the top of it Yea there is a lot of work, its defiantely a fair price, and ive seen his work it is excellent :dance: Cheers Travis Report
July 24, 200917 yr Author comment_361020 Ok Decided on paint, Ford Falcon BF Octane. AE82 loom, ecu and injectors should be turning up next week, as well as my NEW Jdm quad headlights woooot! Thanks to Aaron at Shakotan Garage :y: Wish the panel beater would start on my car.... Anyone know where I can get Jdm bumpers in good nick for a good price? And a madhouse lip? Cheers Travis Report
July 25, 200917 yr comment_361191 for jap bumpers I'm assuming you mean nz spec which are the same. You might be able to find a set on nz trade me, or Jay had a new pair for sale ages ago for $800 I think. You will need to make your own brackets however as for the madhouse lip you can get them from AyJPS I read you think it will be done in time for drift prac in November, sounds a bit hopeful lol Report
July 27, 200917 yr Author comment_361634 Ive been looking on trade me to no avail sadly, yea i might have to hit up Dave, I didnt know he sold them too, thought it was only Gilly on ae86dc, cool. And Jay from? Why you think it is sounding hopefull? I have engine almost ready to go in, just need clutch and flywheel machined, driveline is just about ready i will pull out the diff and fill it with aluminium soon :) Just need fuel pumps and set up fuel and chuck in the wiring and extend bits, Realistically it will be up to how long the panel beater takes as to how long it is before its on the road. So if he pulls his finger out it shoudl easy be done by November, hopfully for when my Ke70 runs out of rego, ie October 10 :) So I'm not being too hopeful I don't think. Cheers Travis Report
July 27, 200917 yr comment_361646 Jay from Buddyparts sorry Why do I think it sounds hopefull? November is 3 months away. In those three months you still have to fit the engine, finish driveline, new clutch and flywheel, all wiring, fuel set-up, complete all bodywork, get some decent suspension in there and then sort out any issues. Report
July 27, 200917 yr Author comment_361647 Its possible, I know it is, 3 months is a f@$king long time. By the way heres a pic of what it should look like, I photochopped Vtec's excellent ae71, The colour is as close as I could get to Octane: Cheers Travis Report
July 27, 200917 yr comment_361655 That colour looks awesome mate, The whole car looks awesome in the photochop version. Also if you have plently of time up your sleeve, I'm sure three months is not unreasonable, specially if your looking to burn some rubber off drifting. From what I have learnt most mechanical peoples seem to say everything is a big job but when things are broken down into weekends it amazing how fast builds come togther. Good luck with it keen to see the finished project. Cheers Jacob Report
July 27, 200917 yr Author comment_361768 Cheers man, ive already had the engine sitting in there, its not like its a ke70, and i have 90% of the parts all the parts I need I already have but I would prefer new parts instead of the parts I already have to be on the safe side. Just need this mechanic to hurry up, I will talk to him on wednesday, also whos seen the new rta suspension laws as of Aug 1st? They are bullshit... Article here: http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599...-29277,00.html This is absolute bullshit, I'm f@$ked! Travis Report
July 27, 200917 yr comment_361840 Mate you do have your work cut out for you to finish it by November. Mine took me 6 months and that was only an engine upgrade, 2.5 of those months were spent sitting idle at workshops with people doing nothing to my car. You know yourself that you work quickly on your car but others don't always :) Report
July 28, 200917 yr comment_361897 for jap bumpers I'm assuming you mean nz spec which are the same. You might be able to find a set on nz trade me, or Jay had a new pair for sale ages ago for $800 I think. You will need to make your own brackets however as for the madhouse lip you can get them from AyJPS I read you think it will be done in time for drift prac in November, sounds a bit hopeful lol i hope the $800 was new !!!! you can get a tidy chrome bumper over here for $100each with mounts and end caps. and to think i gave my last set away coz i was sick of tripping over them, am dumping a 4age, 2 k40's and a W50 tomorro because of that reason Edited July 28, 200917 yr by reTRD Report
July 29, 200917 yr Author comment_362190 O I know I have to wait for others, my panel beater is finally starting next week.... Its up to him if it is on the road in november, cause its upto how long he takes. I have a picture of the quad lights on my phone but I will just take another when they arrive, hopefully around friday or monday :D Cheers Travis Report
August 7, 200917 yr Author comment_364308 Car isnt being done at panel beaters, its gonna be a track car only, till i reshell it, probably sometime next year, just gotta get my new daily then i will finish off this car, O and I'm sponsered now too yewww hahaha Cheers Travis Report
August 13, 200917 yr comment_365719 This will be fun sucks about the rust in it but!! should just weld a heap of plates into where all the rust is :y: oh well now were is the silvia's build thread then :) :wink: Report
August 13, 200917 yr Author comment_365731 Haha I have all the plates all bent and ready to weld in ay, just gotta get it down to the workshop and do it quickly, then back up for paint, then bakc down for engine and get it running then drift timez Silvia thread after I get the car hahah, pick up tomorow yeww mad daily. Cheers Travis Report
August 13, 200917 yr comment_365782 cheering man!!! i hope it plans to be a mad manual non turbo slider :y: hahaha oh wait you just gotta find a manual ca box :) :wink: :P Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now