Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Fuel Economy

Featured Replies

I thought I had bad fuel economy for getting around 9l/100 k's in my 55. That was after a test going down south and back so going highway, traffic etc etc.

 

Also going between Birdwood and Williamstown you will find that either you can catch everyone or no one. That and the speed car's do is dependant on their handling through corners on the Birdwood area.

  • Replies 34
  • Views 18.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hah 12L/100km I WISH!! With 1 1/2" su`s my 5k,mild cam,extractors would run on the smell of an oily rag(ask"TEDDY"). It was 8L/100km at worst from memory. But now its a different story its more like 16.5-17L/100km taking it easy.

Its making twice the power so i can accept twice the fuel. Gotta love boost referenced rising rate fuel reg`s and 15 plus year old rotary desinged ECU.

 

stu.

Edited by kickn5k

  • Author

Yeah, I realised on the cruise this weekend my speedo is out by some. It said I was going about 102km/hr, Murd driving behind me said I was doing 110. I also found going a bit over 50 in a 60 zone made me go the same speed as everyone else.

my old 4k with ke70 5spd was getting about 7.5 l/100km in the city, and down to 6l/100km on the highway

 

i was pretty impressed... had the head decked, valve clearances done, head gasket, everything freshened up etc, so that might have been helping me out. but i did trash the poor little bastard, and it still got those economy figures no matter how i drove it

  • 1 year later...

The girl's KE70 has been running around town at 9 or 10L/100, and when we took the Altezza down to Vic and back it did 2000km at 120kph and turned in 7.6L/100km. Rather depressing seeing its 2L and over 3times the bhp!

 

Anyway, yesterday I 'rollered down to Sydney and back, a 500km trip from Orange and the 4K ran at 6.9L /100, so it is much cheaper at 100kph than around town. Maybe its the way she drives it! Certainly the SU carbs lean out on cruise, that shows up on the oxy meter, and with my speedo ahowing 105-110 we overtook an indecent amount of cars. I know it over-reads 8%. Its just so lovely to go up hills in the Blue Mountains, compared to when we bought it!

 

They both use 95octane with 10% alcohol, its the cheapest here in Orange.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.