Joshs Ke36 Panelvan Project.

JJT036

UPDATE !!!!!

It was Josh's 15th Birthday Today. :hmm:

We opened up the Garage to look at how the Primer had settled on Ollie, and we looked over the Whole Car and the Front Left Guard had too many Dents. Dad has some Scouring Pads on a Shelf in the Garage and he told me to give Ollie a Light Scrub over before we start painting. After rubbing 'till me Fingers Bled, Dad said to me "Do you want to go down to Andy's Autos and get a Guard from there?". I said Yes.

So we jumped in the Commo and went down to Andy's and asked the Young Fella, "How much for Corolla Front Guards?". He said, "$50 a Guard". So we went to the Ke55 that was in there and it had 2 overrated Front Guards. We only needed the Left one so we grabbed that one only.

We got home, and as soon as we took the Guard out of the Boot, we cracked out the Black Deadener and Painted the Back of the Guard. 5 minutes later, it was Dry and on Ollie ready for Primer. Dad applyed the Primer to the Guard and finished the Final Coat of Primer for Ollie. It came up really good, as well as the Entire Body.

Dad then drove Ollie out the Garage into Sunlight, and we took some Photos of her with the Freshly Painted Primer on.

post-8003-1278145812_thumb.jpg

post-8003-1278145926_thumb.jpg

post-8003-1278153811_thumb.jpg

Members dont see this ad
Haha awesome. Happy birthday Josh, sounded like it was a great birthday to me :blinks:

Thanks Matt. It was an awesome Birthday.

Now that the Primer's done, the Future Plans (for the moment) consist of:

- Paint Ollie in Final Colour.

- Put everything back on/in.

- Find, Work and Install a 5K-E or 7K-E.

Cheers Guys,

Josh :hmm:

Edited by ewt

oh, might wanna take out the rubber plugs where the bumper mounts go thru. get in there with rust inhibitor :blinks:

Yeah. Dad did that when he painted the Underneath of Ollie Last Year.

Great progress guys. I bet you're over the moon, Josh :hmm:

Good choice for the engine conversion, guys. 5K didn't come with EFI, it was either the 4K-E in overseas starlets, or the 7K-E. The 7K setup is a lot better, so I've heard, and is probably easier to acquire being released in Townace Vans, which will probably start filling up the wrecking yards soon enough.

Great progress guys. I bet you're over the moon, Josh :blinks:

Good choice for the engine conversion, guys. 5K didn't come with EFI, it was either the 4K-E in overseas starlets, or the 7K-E. The 7K setup is a lot better, so I've heard, and is probably easier to acquire being released in Townace Vans, which will probably start filling up the wrecking yards soon enough.

Yeah. Thanks Vince. I'm more than happy. I still can't get a Grin off my face. :blinks:

Si (Taz_rx) told us on our Wanted Ad that the 5K didn't come with EFI, and the 4K-E was Crap and Expensive and not really worth it, so we're trying to Track down a KR42R Townace that's being Dismantled/Wrecked and grab the 7K-E out of that.

But, if we get ourselves a 5K, we'll probably go for Top-Mount Twin Carbys, or do an EFI Conversion from a 7K to a 5K.