Joshs Ke36 Panelvan Project.

JJT036

Members dont see this ad
I'm not sure how a 4k can pull upwards of 90rwkw, and still be drivable daily, it would be a pig too drive id imagine.

Even a worked 5k with twins barely pulls 70rwkw's

Fair Enough... I was only Estimating.

I looked on Wikipedia and it turns out a 4K pumps only 45kw. Maybe this worked 4K might reach at least 65kw then... :) Whoops !!!

Edited by ewt

Doesn't matter how much power you're pulling. As long as you rip fat skids! :)

:) Nice....

Ok Guys - Just to Clarify the 4K Issue: I was Quoted $1500 to Rebuild Josh's 4K.

The Rebuild Consists of the following for $1,500:

- The Cam

- A Bored Block

- New Piston Rings and Bearings

- Porting the Head

I hope this Clarifys things...

Cheers,

Woz :D

Edited by ewt

Fair Enough... I was only Estimating.

I looked on Wikipedia and it turns out a 4K pumps only 45kw. Maybe this worked 4K might reach at least 65kw then... :) Whoops !!!

45kw would probably also be at the flywheel. 60-65RWkw shouldn't be too much to expect from the worked 4k though.

There's a couple of members I can think of off the top of my head (philbey and leigh) who both have sidedraft fed 5k's making about 70rwkw.

100rwkw on a 5k takes about 10-12psi. :)

I'm pretty sure but don't quote me for it but i was looking at rebuilding my 4k and found out a company that you can get a fully rebuilt engine for about 1200 in exchange for your existing engine. also they were cheaper if you only wanted a short engine (good idea if you wanted double valve springs and head porting). It was a company Like Gem engines similar exchange system.

I'm pretty sure but don't quote me for it but i was looking at rebuilding my 4k and found out a company that you can get a fully rebuilt engine for about 1200 in exchange for your existing engine. also they were cheaper if you only wanted a short engine (good idea if you wanted double valve springs and head porting). It was a company Like Gem engines similar exchange system.

Is there a place with that Name down in Melbourne?? Do they do mods?? If so... I'll look into it.

Josh :)

Edited by ewt

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Josh

Could I pester you for a picture of your leaf spring packs?

I'm keen on hw you've got your leaf's arranged so I can add more to my spring packs as the previous owner decided to remove some and now the suspension isnt so great.

Cheers

Raven

Hey Josh

Could I pester you for a picture of your leaf spring packs?

I'm keen on hw you've got your leaf's arranged so I can add more to my spring packs as the previous owner decided to remove some and now the suspension isnt so great.

Cheers

Raven

Here ya go yell out if you need any more

post-8003-1255333175_thumb.jpg

post-8003-1255333221_thumb.jpg

post-8003-1255333260_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Woz & Josh

Edited by ewt

• 2 weeks later...

Well... It has been a while since my last Confession....

As you all know Me and Dad have been Pre-Occupied with my Poppa's Ke10. So not much has been done to the Pannie or my Dad's Bitch, but things should change soon. Now that the Warmer Weather is here, Watch out for this Thread !!!

Cheers Guys,

Josh :)

Edited by ewt