Joshs Ke36 Panelvan Project.

JJT036

Amen to that Josh. Summer FTMFW :S

LOL. The Spring Heat has only shown about 15% in Melbourne so far, Although they are Predicting another Hot Summer in Victoria. They're saying that it's going to be worse than February this year, Black Saturday.

I also want to say, Thanks Guys for all of your Comments and Support since I joined on March 31. We've managed to get 10 Pages out of my Thread of my Ke36 Panelvan in 7 Months nearly.

Thanks Guys,

Josh :dance:

Edited by ewt

• 2 months later...
Members dont see this ad

Hey Fellas, Just a quick update,

During Christmas, Santa came to me and gave me $160 :( , and so with that, I bought myself a 4L Can of Primer/Filler. Now with the $120 I've got left, I'm trying to track down a 4L Can of Acrylic or Enamel Paint.

The Primer should be sprayed on as soon as I find myself some Paint. Does anyone know if there are any good Auto Paint shops in Melbourne?? Help would be appreciated. :)

Cheers,

Josh :S

Edited by ewt

If you want a better finish go acrylic it's a a bit more expensive but is heaps easier to get a good backyard finish. The enamel is only worth doing if your on a super tight budget (or plan to give it a lot of gravel road action), after spraying two cars in enamel and comparing with dad's hilux which was done in acrylic i seriously recommended acrylic. However if you do decide to go enamel make sure you get decent stuff. You will also find that you want a really warm dry day to spray enamel if you havn't got a spray booth. The enamel seems from my experience a lot more variable with the finish you get, as in sometimes it just seems to go down better then others. But you can get a good finish with enamel but with a lot more effort then acrylic. Goodluck with what you decide, will be good to see some pics when it is done

Cheers

Please do not paint the car in enamel. You'll regret it one day. Trust me on this one :D. Go acrylic for sure :(. What colour are you planning on painting her??

I didn't realize that Enamel would be so Crap. I'm now convinced to go Acrylic.

After a long 7 or 8 Months trying to decide a colour (Papaya Gold, Asteroid Silver, etc.), I'm actually going to go for the simple 4L Can of Acrylic White.

Dad told me it would be much easier than spending about $500 + Postage to get a really cool colour from the U.S. But when I do have some $$$$ (thats 4 Dollar Symbols), I might get a proper job done to Ollie. :S

As I wrote on my Last Post, Does anyone know a good place to get 4L White Auto Paint in Melbourne??

Cheers,

Josh :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Fellas,

Just a little update...

Yesterday, Dad and I took a drive down to Niddrie (10 mins North of Melbourne) and we stopped at Preston Motors Holden to take a gig of what was there, and to get a Colour Code.

The Colour we'll be painting Ollie is VE Commodore White - The Code: 679F. Now all we have to do now is find a Paint Joint somewhere in Melbourne, and ask if they can get the Colour of the Code in a 4L Can.

In the future... 5-10 Years down the track... We will be getting some Black Paint and I might do this idea.

I was bored last week, and when Dad came home from work, he laughed. This is a Photo taken on May 30th, 2009, before we put the Sun Visor on. It also features on Page 5 in this thread.

(P.S. I used Paint. :dance: )

post-8003-1263734327_thumb.jpg

Cheers Guys,

Josh :y:

Edited by ewt

More panda than a panda :y:

Looks good mate.

Wanna do something like for my reference on the 38?

Thanks Ryan.

As I posted...

I was bored last week

I would be able to do something using Paint for yours, All I need is a Pic of it, and the Colour(s) you want, and we'll go from there.

Josh :dance:

Edited by ewt

The pic of yours would be fine.

Where yours is white, i would like black and the rest silver.

Cheers bud :dance:

It would be something I'll have to do during the week. I tried doing the ol' Paint Fill over the Black, but there were spots that decided they didn't want to be Re-Coloured.

Cheers,

Josh :y:

Edited by ewt

• 2 weeks later...

Update Time !!!!!

Over these last 2 days (including today), we have found some spare time (Dad being busy with work) and have been doing some Panel Repairing, Sanding and Undercoating. We have also been Prepping for a little something we have been waiting to do for 9 Months now. :D

Without further ado, here are the Pic's:

post-8003-1264928107_thumb.jpg

post-8003-1264928204_thumb.jpg

post-8003-1264928280_thumb.jpg

We have figured out that 10 Months and 2 Days ago, Ollie for the 1st time, sat in our Driveway. I look back at the 1st Post of this Thread and the Photo's that we have in our Photo Gallery, and see how far we've come.

Cheers Guys,

Woz & Josh :)

Edited by ewt

Good work Josh. It's really refreshing to see a young guy like yourself going hard at it and making the best of what you have. I think you'll find in acrylic paint any white will more or less come out the same. So go for any simple white colour is my advice. Also white is great for not showing up imperfections like other colours.

Best of luck as always.

Good work Josh. It's really refreshing to see a young guy like yourself going hard at it and making the best of what you have. I think you'll find in acrylic paint any white will more or less come out the same. So go for any simple white colour is my advice. Also white is great for not showing up imperfections like other colours.

Best of luck as always.

Lookin good Woz and Josh.

Come to adelaide so i can steal your rear bar :hmm:

Thanks for your comments guys.

UPDATE TIME !!!!!

Over this weekend (Including Friday Arvo), Dad and I started another "Dash Conversion" involving something that wasn't really easy, taking out THE ENTIRE DASH. The reason was simply because 3 months ago, We said on the same post as "Dash Conversion #1" (Page 9), that we were going to Paint the part of the Dash that was that Brown-ish Colour, Black.

Well this Conversion wasn't as simple as Masking Up the Steering Column and the Dash Fascia. We had to take off the Dash Top, the Dash Fascia, Drop the Steering Column, and Take out the Centre Console, just to get the Bottom Part of the Dash off.

We also scored some Seat Covers from a Friend today, which Josh is rapt about.

Here are some pictures of the Dash when we first got Ollie, after Dash Conversion #1, and Now.

Enjoy,

Woz & Josh |blink|

post-8003-1265541498_thumb.jpg

post-8003-1265541667_thumb.jpg

post-8003-1265541807_thumb.jpg

post-8003-1265541909_thumb.jpg

post-8003-1265542106_thumb.jpg

post-8003-1265542225_thumb.jpg