Joshs Ke36 Panelvan Project.

JJT036

Members dont see this ad

xtra xtra read all about it .

well guys its Josh's birthday this week :) so i purchased the webber that was on here last week,

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb68/po...23062009514.jpg

While he is on holidays and away from home I'm gonna whack it on and suprise him + some other goodies ,

if anyone has some pointers on putting on a webber please feel free to throw your advice up as I'm gonna need it

( being a V8 person )

Also at this stage we are still looking for seats for the beast ( Ollie ) prefer melb but can organise my own freight

anyway just a quick update cause i know josh can't read it until next sat LOL

pics coming as soon as it is fitted

cheers

woz

Edited by ewt

I've never put one on myself, but I transplanted an engine which had one on it and had to do throttle cable stuff! You'll have to

make a custom throttle cable linkage as the regular cable doesn't "bolt up" with the weber one. I'm not sure if you need to on

others, but I had to put a custom (secondary) throttle return spring on as the throttle would not return properly with the single

spring.. What my dad did for me was use the old throttle linkage off the aisin carby (if you have an old, broken one lying around

try use that as you may want to put the old aisin back on one day. Or get one from wrecker), then welded it to the weber linkage.

My dad also made an adjustable cable mount on the rocker cover. Mine are a little dodgy, but I was in a hurry :) PICS! Sorry about

quality. The lens on my camera phone is dirty.

The spring is my throttle return spring, not an ideal way to do it, but it worked for me. Get a long, tightly coiled spring and attach it

the filter or something suitable. HERE is the recommended type/method. :P

post-6910-1246331633_thumb.jpg

post-6910-1246331645_thumb.jpg

Edited by seabiscuit

Well we got the carby and Josh was happy as a "pig n shit". We can't fit it as it is missing a few bits,

So if anyone has spares please pm me as we want it on ollie asap.

Here is a pick of whats needed + we also need the choke bits (for a manual choke)

We need the brass screw that goes in the top hole ( under the top cap ) dunno what its called

Cheers

Woz

Edited by ewt

• 2 weeks later...

Well... Just another update...

We sold the Weber. We are now on the hunt for a 28/36 Weber Carby from a Cortina or a Jetted Out 4k Carby.

On Saturday Morning, we drove up to Kilmore to get BReNT's Pimp Daddy Sun Visor from a Ke30.

Here's some pics of the Pimp Daddy Visor, sitting happily on Ollie. :dance:

post-8003-1247471945_thumb.jpg

post-8003-1247472109_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Woz & Josh

Edited by ewt

Are you trying to let sun in or keep it out? LOL. Ollie looks a little confused. :dance:

Its coming along very well, I love those sun visors. :yes:

Will look great with new paint... Can't wait.

Cheers

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Well another update !!

Today we picked up a Ke35, A 1-family 2-owner Coupe which we have named Ollie's Bitch. It has a re-coed 5K and a 2-speed Toyoglide. Dad thinks it's too good to strip and Mum likes it, so project #2, but Dad said it can go out the back until he decides what to do with it.

The whole car looks rust free. Here are the pics.

post-8003-1248508309_thumb.jpg

post-8003-1248508376_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Woz & Josh

Edited by ewt

Don't strip it!!! ke35's are becoming too few and far between now.... :lolcry:

Well... I've decided to put it out back until I can decide what to do with this Ke35. I am now convinced that it's way too good to strip. Firstly, I plan to do a check over and under the car to really see what condition this thing is in and go from there.

Cheers

Woz :y:

Edited by ewt

Yeah don't strip it. These things look HOT done up or restored. Tho if you choose to drive down that road of stripping and selling parts. Hit me up for those roof gutters. They are really hard to find. :y:

Yeah don't strip it. These things look HOT done up or restored. Tho if you choose to drive down that road of stripping and selling parts. Hit me up for those roof gutters. They are really hard to find. :y:

if you are thinking of stripping it... let me know... i'll buy the whole car from you...

All noted fellas i think this will turn out a wild toy as i can never help myself with cars

i think id better start my own thread for this LOL

cheers

woz