Joshs Ke36 Panelvan Project.

JJT036

nice little pano you got there... i have a 36 wagon and yeh as others have been saying don't lose interest in it, i saved mine from a crusher for certain and in 12 months turn the car around from a shitter full of mud and rust to what is now..and too get it for free and have the old man wanting to help you is really good to hear good luck with it and ill throw some pics for motorvation...when i first got itpost-5423-1238718434_thumb.jpghow it looks after some time effort and moneypost-5423-1238718366_thumb.jpg

Members dont see this ad

(Your dad must have some kind of master plan with this car haha. First he gets it for free for you and is now organised

to get it painted! Make sure you put it in his head that it's YOURS! :y:)

Damn, Dad said you guys are onto him LOL. He just loves cars and wants to make mine a good one besides it doesnt have 8 pistons so I'm safe.

Cheers, Josh :bash:

Edited by ewt

Hey Boos Rolla,

That looks fantastic. What engine is it ??

I'm thinking of putting in a 5k but i have to check with Vicroads first to see if its allowed but can't see it being a problem. :bash:

Edited by ewt

hey yeh mines has a fairly heavily worked 5k in it.. i had to get it engineered for insurance in nsw but you would have to check in vic... easy change over ignition changed to electric, upgraded master cylinder to pajero master(look in search for more on this) but yeh all in al change over was easy...

just incase i have missed it bud what are the plans to do with it paint wise???

looks like it will be a good car once you and your old man have got stuck into it :y: :y:

and this goes out to your old man it's good to see your starting him into his cars young :yes: good work bud :y:

just incase i have missed it bud what are the plans to do with it paint wise???

looks like it will be a good car once you and your old man have got stuck into it :yes: :y:

and this goes out to your old man it's good to see your starting him into his cars young :y: good work bud :y:

The plans for paint is like a vk calais two tone blue over silver( Au saphire blue top & holden astroid silver bottom )

Cheers, Josh :y:

Edited by ewt

Well here is an update.

Dad and i went to heaps of wreckers lookin for a front end over this weekend and come out empty handed.

We started at pick-a-part in Campbellfield and went to every toyota wreckers in Melb and finished in Caroline Springs

If you see a good front or you have a spare good front ya want to sell please post up ( preferbly in melbourne ).

Dad is willing to drive almost anywhere in vic to get me one, oh and i have $150 bucks to spend but I'm sure dad will help me out if its a bit more.

Edited by ewt

hmm, willing to travel up to bendigo?? Pretty sure theres 2 of these at one of my local wreckers. theres a beige windowless one there, and not 100% on the other one all i can remember is it's white. and also not 100% sure if they are ke36's but they are around that era!!

Cheers

hmm, willing to travel up to bendigo?? Pretty sure theres 2 of these at one of my local wreckers.

Thanks Toyota_Ae71,

Do you happen to have a name or contact phone number for the wreckers? Dad will call them tomorrow.

Edited by ewt

• 3 weeks later...

Well just an update from the last time i posted,

So far we've taken out the seats because the ones i had were ripped and torn,

Plus i need to get really good overrated condition seats that will last.

post-8003-1240650171_thumb.jpg post-8003-1240650821_thumb.jpg

Today just after 12.00, we put the car in the garage and we started looking at the car underneath it.

This is what we found,

post-8003-1240649971_thumb.jpg post-8003-1240650065_thumb.jpg post-8003-1240650104_thumb.jpg

Edited by ewt

Just after 7.00, Dad and i just finished what we had to out of the other few jobs we have to do.

Part of under the seat had rust on it and the seat holder thing closest to the gearbox wasn't attached properly.

These are the after shots of one area under the car.

post-8003-1240651652_thumb.jpg post-8003-1240652100_thumb.jpg

Josh :)

what paint did you use on the underbody

Dad had to weld in two new plates after we discovered rust in the chassis

after he had it all fixed & treated it he put black deadener on it , we plan on painting the whole underneath next saturday

he has also started to pull the front off ready for new panels when we find some

so far that was the only major work its all gonna just slot together now over time

Cheers

Josh