Joshs Ke36 Panelvan Project.

JJT036

AGAIN I WOULD LIKE TO CONGRADULATE THIS CLUB ON THE OUTSTANDING WELCOME YOU ALL HAVE GIVEN JOSH AS FAR AS CAR CLUBS ( AND I HAVE BEEN IN MANY ) YOU GUYS \GALS HAVE ONLY HAD WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT FOR JOSH ,MOST CLUBS SNUB YOUNG FELLAS WELL DONE !!

I typed caps because i think its worth yelling loud and proud about rollaclub !!

THANKS

WOZ ( JOSH'S DAD )

Edited by ewt

Members dont see this ad

Quick update

de-badged the rolla and filled all the holes and we have repaired all the rusty panels ( minor )

next w\end we are going to tackle the tailgate unless someone in melb has a spare for sale

cheers

Woz & Josh

• 2 weeks later...

Well, in the last 2 weeks, we haven't done much other than finding a name and new plans. The name of the rolla is now Ollie. My dad found this name after saying to my cousin that he's been calling it "Ollie the Trolley" and when I heard the name Ollie, I said to myself that by time this paint job comes it will suit the car.

We're going to paint it LC-LJ Torana style 2-tone Orange or Papaya (Gold) over Black in an Enamel Job in a shed by ourselves. I was quoted from a guy up the road from me $6,000 for a full-on properly done Metallic 2-tone Paint Job which included smacking most of the dents out, taking out windows, etc. etc.

We've also decided to slap in a 5k engine and when i get fully licensed, bolt on a supercharger. I researched on Wikipedia and Google and turns out that if it's properly tuned, it wil make 100hp+. When I searched Google, I read about someone on this who slapped in the same idea with his ke70 a few years ago.

We're also trying to get the Tint off the car which the previous owner put in dodgy Purple Tint and it's been a bugger to try and get off. We used a Heat gun to soften, but it only worked a little bit. My dad researched that using Ammonia gets it off but it's also a risk of breaking the glass of the windows. Any Ideas??

Parts I need at the moment, when i get the money, are:

Ke30 or Silvia Seats

Ke36 or Ke38 Panelvan or Wagon Tailgate

5k Engine

Cheers, Josh

We went to Pick-a-Part today hoping to find a tailgate for the panelvan because they advertised a 1982 station wagon but we got there and saw but it was a Ke70, but we walked away with a chrome petrol base thingy and a thing that holds the window for the l/h door. Whilst walking around finding seat ideas for the Ke36, I accidently lost the rubber to the window thing.

We also were touring around Coolaroo and we found this dodgy Wreckers, in Maffra street. You could say he had almost every car in there. The only rolla we found in there was a Ke70/Ae71. We were looking for a LiteAce van with a 5k in it, but most of them had 3y's in them. We got to the last one and the 5k was already ripped out.

Cheers,

Woz & Josh

Edited by ewt

I haven't seen ONE pic of the rear end of Ollie!

It's coming along very nicely, Josh! I've got myself a really worked 5k that I'm planning on putting in my wagon.

It came out of a KE20 convertible (that I'm wrecking). It bloody flew in that. Good luck :rolla:

Vince

Edited by seabiscuit

I used ISOPROPYL (SPL?) alcohol to remove tint. Had a wagon with a wind down rear window so the window was scratched to buggery plus the tint had bubbled and gone purple. I used the alcohol and a wide blade scraper and it came off nice and easy.

I didn't get a chance to take a pic of the rear but i will when the tailgate is bolted in again. I will post pics of the windows without the Tint because we got it off by using a Razor Blade and Ammonia (well - dad did). :bash:

Cheers, Woz & Josh

Edited by ewt

Careful with ammonia Josh, as that will most likely remove your tint and your rear demister. Great to see this little project is still going along.

Best of luck.

Matt.

Thanks for the tips guys,

Tint is off and we are workin on the tailgate rust and then we will get pics up. Funny that this thing has no rear demister on it, I'll say the previous owner removed it but it certainly made it easy to remove the tint.

We have also found a donor car, an old mate of has one on his farm at Heathcote so Josh and I are going to go for a cruize in the Commodore and strip it stupid as me mate wants whats left for a motorbike jump.

Enough for now, more pics coming soon. STAY TUNED !!

Woz & Josh

Edited by ewt

Well a quick update,

We went up to Heathcote ( Northern Victoria ) to get bits for Ollie. When we got there, it turned out to be a Ke55 that has kissed a tree hard in the front and obviously sideways into some tree branches. Some panels were all stuffed so we had a lookie to see what we can get interior wise. We got the Seats ( tempory fix for the moment ), Steering Wheel ( The 3-Horn Buttoned One ), Seat Belt Buckle Catches ( They are different to Ke36, So no good ), Ke55 Inside Door Handles/Holders (Better than them Strap Door Handles), Blinker Wiper Switch, Interior Light, Door Hinges, Manual Console, All Locks Keyed A-like, Petrol Cap with Key and Chrome Dressing Trim and a Wiper Motor. Thats about all that was good bits to take from it.

After raping the crap out of the Ke55, We drove up to the upper paddock and absolutely thrashed the crap out of our VT S-Pac Commodore ( Manual ) around in the mud. I gave Josh a drive and he nearly showed me up on the Dowies ( remember, he is only 14yo ). He handled the Manual Gears really well and showing off in Second Gear wippin' it around ;) . Then I jumped in and showed him how it was done. LOL. Soon after we thought we'd better start heading home. It was all on $50 Petrol Money from Josh.

PLEASE NOTE !! WE JUST HAD SIMPLE FUN ON PRIVATE PROPERTY !! I DON'T ENCOURAGE HOONING !!

When we got home, We were hooked into puting in the Seats, Console and Steering Wheel.

Thats it for now. Will post Pics when all of the parts are installed.

Woz & Josh ;)

Edited by ewt

Good to hear Ollie is coming along nicely...will be following this closely. Do you have any plans for the back?

Not sure yet... We've both agreed no to the mattress, but I think it will just be custom interior with 2 subbies and speakers in the back. I'm also going to put speakers in those big holes behind the seats ( in Panelvans ) so when I turn up the Sound System, you'll actually feel the thump and the vibration in your seats.

Woz & Josh ;)

Edited by ewt