Joshs Ke36 Panelvan Project.

JJT036

Well you would not believe it...

Dad has taken 3 days off for annual leave so that means in the next 2 days, Me and Dad are gonna have some fun with Ollie.

We were originally meant to get my Sister a Muffler for her Holden Apollo (Toyota Camry) which we got for $35 a Pinch-a-Part Campbellfield. Then I asked Dad if we could go look around Campbellfield for a Wreckers that could have a Ke36/38 in it, and we spotted a Wreckers in a back street somewhere in Campbellfield (can't remember the name of it) which had a Ke36 Corolla Panelvan in it.

We walked in and asked the Owner of the Wreckers if the Panelvan had a Tailgate on it, and if so, how much he would take for it. He said at first $120. So we looked at the Panelvan's Tailgate and we saw dents on it. Dad said that he could straighten the dents out hassle free. And the best bit was, IT WAS RUST FREE!!

So we went back to the Owner and Dad said to him that the Tailgate had dents in it. Then he mentioned that it was for my Panelvan. We convinced him to drop the price down to $80. So we went home, picked up my Grandfather's (Rufus) Gay Ford Wagon (Sorry Poppa) and 45 minutes later, it's in our garage.

We also got a Dash Mat in Almost New Condition, and a Black-Out (with a Toyota Symbol on it) for where the Clock goes, both for an extra $20.

We will get Pics up when the Tailgate is on Ollie, and also one of the Black-Out with the Toyota Symbol in the Fascia.

Cheers,

Woz & Josh :wink:

Edited by ewt

Members dont see this ad

Looks good mate :wink: I need two of them lol. Mrs has rust along the bottom where it sits against the seal. And the one from my purple one has rust on the inside down at the bottom. But pretty sure my other ke36 is rust free. And with only one dint that's an easy fix :laff:

can't wait to see this thing painted ;) there's 3 ke36/38's on here getting ready for paint lol. Yours. Oh ke30. And mine. I reckon colour choose is the hardest part about it lol

Looks good mate :laff: I need two of them lol. Mrs has rust along the bottom where it sits against the seal. And the one from my purple one has rust on the inside down at the bottom. But pretty sure my other ke36 is rust free. And with only one dint that's an easy fix ;)

can't wait to see this thing painted ;) there's 3 ke36/38's on here getting ready for paint lol. Yours. Oh ke30. And mine. I reckon colour choose is the hardest part about it lol

Thanks bud.

We've chosen the VE Poison Ivy (Dark Pearl Green) as our final colour choice (after months of tossin' and turnin').

Tomorrow, we're gonna be doing some Sanding, and Fitting this Tailgate to Ollie. We'll also be taking off some Fidley Parts like Door Handles and The Sunroof so then she's ready to be Primed.

Cheers,

Josh :wink:

Congrats on scoring that elusive tailgate Josh. Really happy you found a condition one and for a decent price. Can't wait to see where it goes from here. Onwards and forwards mate!

Thanks Matt. As mentioned last night, we'll be doing some Sanding to Ollie, and we'll be swapping the "Corolla" Chrome Insert from my Tailgate that's on Ollie now to this one we got yesterday, and then chuck the Tailgate on Ollie.

Good stuff Josh and Woz.

I paid $88 for the one i have on the wagon now. even that had a dent or 2 and some minor rust.

You know where to send one if you find another :)

Thanks Ryan.

We'll keep a look-out for ya. There's one down Tassie but we didn't get it because Freight was too expensive to get it here.

Josh :)

Hey Fellas,

MASSIVE UPDATE !!!

We've started Primering Ollie !! :)

At 1.00pm, Dad said to me, "Josh, Here's the Sandpaper, I want you to Lightly Sand every Panel on the Car except for the Roof. And here's the Masking Tape, I want you to Tape up the Windscreen Rubber, the Door Handles and Locks, and the Windows so I can Paint your Car in Primer."

Before all that, We Chucked on the Tailgate we scored yesterday, and ripped out the Sunroof (which was an absolute pain in the arse). We also went down to Autobarns and got ourselves a Gravity Feed Spray Putty Gun, and 6 Sheets of P100 Sandpaper.

Apparently, with Ke36 and Ke38 Tailgates, the Latches Down where the Tailgate catches to close, are different to each other. So Dad and I unbolted the Latch on the Original Tailgate and did a swap.

The Sunroof was a fun one to get out. We had to Rip apart the Roof Lining (which we have plans for, but keeping secret) to get to the Screws for the Sunroof Support Panel. Dad unbolted all the Screws hassle free except for one, which was Screwed in so hard, it wasn't funny. He got it out after a while and we then had to Pull it off the Silicone that stuck it down. We did that, then we used a Stanley Knife to take off the Bulk Silicone that was left over so we can then Re-Silicone the Sunroof back on.

When Dad finished the 1st of out 4 Coats of Primer, he suggested to me that we just paint Ollie a Simple White with a Clear Coat over it. I agreed with him so that's our new plan. Later down the track (when I get my full license), we'll then Paint Ollie in Poison Ivy, but for now, we'll just focus on getting the Project complete.

We didn't get any Pics yet because the Camera's Batteries were dead and we didn't have any spares kickin' around, but we'll get Pics up tomorrow when we finish the 2nd Coat.

Cheers,

Woz & Josh :)

When Dad finished the 1st of out 4 Coats of Primer, he suggested to me that we just paint Ollie a Simple White with a Clear Coat over it. I agreed with him so that's our new plan. Later down the track (when I get my full license), we'll then Paint Ollie in Poison Ivy, but for now, we'll just focus on getting the Project complete.

Good stuff Josh and Woz!!

So good when you can actually see progress (like panels going on, primer and colour going down)

Least mine will be the only poison ivy 36/38 for a while :)

CHEERS

Ryan

Good stuff Josh and Woz!!

So good when you can actually see progress (like panels going on, primer and colour going down)

Least mine will be the only poison ivy 36/38 for a while :)

CHEERS

Ryan

Thanks Ryan.

A Simple White would finish the Job. Then later down the track, we'll paint it Poison Ivy, unless another olour pops in our minds.

________________________________________________________________________________

Today, we'll be Painting in Primer the Bonnet and the Roof, then we're gonna be giving Ollie a 2nd Coat of Primer.

Edited by ewt

My Birthday Present From Dad. :)

post-8003-1278041508_thumb.jpg

post-8003-1278041600_thumb.jpg

post-8003-1278041685_thumb.jpg

post-8003-1278041784_thumb.jpg

Ollie is now 1 Colour again!! We've come a long way since Page 1, which was 15 months ago.

We still have one more coat to go. The Pics were taken while the Paint was still wet. :)

Edited by ewt