April 3, 200917 yr comment_333715 Was at the wreckers today and found a set of extractors sitting in the back of a KE70 pano and wasn't sure if they were "K" motor extractors or not as they weren't attached to a car. The pano still had it's stock exhaust manifold on it, so I don't think it would have been off it. Would it be possible for people to post a few pics of K extractors and possibly even do a few measurements between stud holes etc. to compare to the ones at the wreckers. I don't want to buy them and find out they won't fit! Report
April 3, 200917 yr comment_333725 1. take your tools into the wreckers 2. remove stock manifold from the pano 3. try and fit the extractors 4. ......... 5. profit Report
April 3, 200917 yr comment_333728 Find another KE in the wreckers (should be a couple), see if any of them are missing manifolds... Report
April 3, 200917 yr comment_333730 Was at the wreckers today and found a set of extractors sitting in the back of a KE70 panoand wasn't sure if they were "K" motor extractors or not as they weren't attached to a car. The pano still had it's stock exhaust manifold on it, so I don't think it would have been off it. Would it be possible for people to post a few pics of K extractors and possibly even do a few measurements between stud holes etc. to compare to the ones at the wreckers. I don't want to buy them and find out they won't fit! hey i have extractors on my panny here is a pic proberly not much help Edited April 3, 200917 yr by ewt Report
April 3, 200917 yr comment_333870 Was at the wreckers today where is this said wrecker?????????? Report
April 3, 200917 yr Author comment_333879 where is this said wrecker?????????? Queanbeyan Auto Dismantlers? There's 1 KE55 basically stripped of all but panels and few bits. 4? KE70's, 1 of which is a pretty good nic panelvan (with likely working aircon - last rego was 1st 2008) and 3 sedans. About 10 AE82's or other stuff like that. I went to ezy scrap yard in Mitchell also, there is a really nice/straight KE70 with a 5sp and overrated blue interior and an average KE30. (They don't sell whole cars :y:) (NB: at ezy scrap, make sure you say you can get it somewhere else for "X" price BEFORE they give you a price) Anyhow, will be checking out the rest of the Canberra (area) wreckers scene! Check Canberra regional section if you're interested to know what and where is about! It's a sad sight going to the wreckers. So much wasted stuff. Edited April 3, 200917 yr by seabiscuit Report
April 3, 200917 yr Author comment_333896 You're a good man SLO-030, that helped me a lot! Definitely going to have to measure up the "STRAKKIES" at the wreckers, though. Thanks for your help everyone! Report
April 3, 200917 yr comment_333897 These are some pics of my set. These aren't off the shelf items, but it should give you an idea of what you're looking at. Sorry about the quality of the third photo, I didn't realise until I was back upstairs. If you want a better one give me a yell, but I'm in MEL for the weekend, thus it will have to be Monday before I can re-do it. *edit* Gee, I'm a bit slow tonight...... Edited April 3, 200917 yr by Redwarf Report
April 6, 200917 yr comment_334516 I'll race you to those strackers seabiscuit! nah joking. When you ask the guy for a price, just say corrolla exhaust manifold cos if you say extractors he'll jack the price up to like a million dollars. Maybe see if there is two sets, one for me as well? Good luck with it :party: Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now