20v Ae71 - Nana Always Needed More Powah!!

LukeAE71

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

random question; what radiator are you using?

Using the standard 4A radiator, been told it works fine. I just mounted a 12" thermo on it. :hmm:

So happy for you mate. Have a great time!

That yager thing sure doesnt waste any space for you. Its tucked in there tight.

:lol: Watch out for these guys.

You wont be tired of working on it when you can drive it and see what difference your work has made after.

Are you gonna take the front engine mount off? Looks like crap sticking out there.

Thanks Matt. I just can't wait for that first drive.

The Yager part, like you pointed out, required grinding of that alternator strap. It seems they have revised the design a little so you do not have to modify it to fit it up to the block. There is a little taper on it where it connects to the block next to the quads. I found that also I had to 'massage' my dipstick over a little with a hammer otherwise it would have fouled on the radiator hose no matter which one I used. The Yager part was heading straight for the dipstick.

I forgot about the front engine mount, and yes I will take it off when I get the car back. Thanks for pointing it out :P

Edited by LukeAE71

Ah i see you used city wide towing those guys are awesome used them for 2 years at hertz

grant is a top bloke

hey you still have the auto stuff from the rolla ?

What auto stuff you looking for?? I have the box but it has been sitting out in the rain. I also have the pedal box. If you want you can have both if you pick them up. Otherwise in a week or so a scrap metal joint is coming to pick up all my old stuff I have no use for.

Grant from City Wide is an absolute legend, gave me a tow at an awesome price when noone else would because it was "too far" apparently. I could not have hired a trailer and driven it there for the price he charged me, and it was a long drive. :lol:

Update:

I went past the workshop yesterday to find they won’t be starting on my car until Friday. It’s ok though I want them to take their time and do a good job. It’s been 4 months already what’s a few more days really??

I thought I would post up some more indicative prices of this conversion for those considering it. Bear in mind though that these are the prices I found things for on forums, etc so in some cases a bit cheaper than importers and other shops.

Here goes:

Engine

20V 4AGE Engine w loom and plugs, no ecu - $800

Cooling Parts required for RWD application

Block off plate for rear of engine - $80 (from memory)

Side block off plate (behind extractors) - $15 (from memory)

Yager front thermostat relocator part - $179.50

Various radiator hoses (need 3 at least) - $50

New hose clamps - $5

Engine Management/Induction

Microtech LT10S with X4 Box - $1150

Dash Display (free with package) normally - $495 (not an absolutely necessary item

Individual Bosch Coils - $280

Leads – $100

Trumpets for Quad Throttle Bodies - $50 (I used weber ones adapted. Not ideal but cheap)

Sock for Trumpets - $100 for four

Thermo Fan - $115

TRD Copy Extractors - $300

Fuel System

Surge Tank - $100

Facet Lift Pump - $120 (trade price)

Bosch Fuel Pump - $140 (trade price)

Various fuel lines - $50

Total Cost excluding labour - $3,634.50

In my build I have factored in another $700 or so for the wiring and tuning of the Microtech. If you are not competent in wiring etc and do not wish to ruin your brand new ECU it is probably advisable to send it to an expert like I have.

There are no other charges for labour as I did the complete install of the engine etc myself.

You can easily see how a conversion of this type can cost over $6000 if you choose to send it to your mechanic to do all the work. At the moment I like to think that I have ‘saved’ around $1500 by doing the majority of it myself but I guess that depends on the individual quote of any mechanic.

I have not included the cost of an exhaust above as that is very individual.

Edited by LukeAE71

Nice build so far man. So when can we expect some sick videos of this thing in.... Sliding/furious form?? haha good luck man! :)

It was not built for sliding so you won't see any. It has been built as a subtle daily for me with a bit of extra kick. Sorry to disappoint but I built this car for me the way I want it.

I am considering building another one now for skids and shit. I was thinking 7AGE with 20V head and some forced induction.

Anyway, another update. The car is running, exhaust is being made this week and I might even get to pick it up this Friday. I have been told that a few times so I am not getting my hopes up but I can't wait to finally drive it :)

buy my 7age. if u want to build a car for drift and skids

No :)

Your 20V drives the wrong set of wheels. Don't get me wrong I love what you have done with the car it's just not my cup of tea.

Edited by LukeAE71

car looks gd luke :fuzz: Jay can most definitely complete the car in 3 days, but lets hope its not 3wks :)

I know he's quite bsy working on his aristo trying to get that completed for drift comp in 3wks time. I struggled to squeeze my car in to fit a hd clutch which is only a half hour job. He does do a great job though i must admit.

any plans for this car drift? grip?

I'm starting to think your idea of 3 weeks might actually happen. I still have not got the car back from Jay and it has been nearly 3 weeks.

I'm a sad panda :)

I'm starting to think your idea of 3 weeks might actually happen. I still have not got the car back from Jay and it has been nearly 3 weeks.

I'm a sad panda :)

3 weeks! whats left to do on jays behalf ?

3 weeks! whats left to do on jays behalf ?

Tidy up the fuel system, tidy up some wiring, make an exhaust for it. Really not much left but he is busy working on his Aristo to get it ready for drift weekend this weekend.

I'm really over it at the moment, even thought of selling the damn thing :)