Purpose Of Sa Section

LukeAE71

I think this is the 1st time ill agree this should be locked :jamie:

It has had many questions asked and 90% of which hasnt been directly answered, but hey who's to say it has to be answered. We don't pay to use this site, some dudes which good intentions have made it for us why abuse it.

I think if this sort of thing was left unmoderated the site would end up like AE86DC a very inhospitable place.

Jud i can see why you feel the way you do but the way your trying to get it accross isnt well thought out and will only cause you to be labeled in a negative kind of way. Positive mature discussion will get you further than name calling ect ect.

I'm just another guy with an opinion, hoping I'm steering you onto a course of happy forum usage rather than having a bad time here agreed ?

PM me a shoot the shit outa my theories if you like anyone, its better than looking like a dick in the public eye.

EDIT- i just noticed after posting this a offtopic regional section has been made below the states sections this is where everything offtopic should be discussed to end future arguments ? i think its a good idea.

Edited by Budowski

Members dont see this ad
Ok cool, your a senior member and yes you would know how this board operates more than I would. So what?

When in any of my posts have I described myself driving like a wanker...?

Why would the police look for me on the forum to get me off the road...? save myself from the law..? right.

short,sharp simple... Wtf are you on about...

When in any of my posts have I described myself driving like a wanker...?

Its called an example champ. :jamie:

Why would the police look for me on the forum to get me off the road...? save myself from the law..? right.

You meaning the car enthusiast, not yourself as a person.

I don't see how this thread has really answered the question about what the SA Section is to be used for..... :yes:

I think this place is taken way too serious but it's your forum you do what you want.

I would have thought it could be a little more relaxed in the state sections to create a bit more of a 'get to know each other' type environment but if that is not what the forum owners want then that has to be respected.

In the end I think it will stop people with an opinion and real knowledge from posting in this section and others due to feeling that their post will be deleted or the topic closed so you will miss out on information.

I guess if you want to ask questions from people who actually live in your state you have to resort to PM or MSN. I for one am not a fan of MSN and I would gather there would be others too that prefer to use the forum. The other benefit of putting the information on the forum rather than PM is that other people can benefit from the information too.

Despite the fact that this forum is teeming with information there is still plenty not on here and search functions are not always that helpful despite how well you use them or combinations you try.

Lastly, in relation to closing and locking threads, you will notice that unless things get out of hand or the discussion turns into illegal activities (in which case they need to be cleaned/deleted), most threads die a natural death and end up on the second page before you know it anyway, with no real need to close or delete them. Just a thought..... :jamie:

This is thread is a great example of how the forum should work, it has not been locked, everyone is joining in, discussing the topic and arguing their point. :lol:

but people some arent discussing "purpose of the sa section", these people are just criticizing how the moderating is done ie: your comments earlier :yes:

Edit:

Budowski, thats been there since the forum lay out was changed, how ever long ago that was now :jamie:

Edited by MYSTIK

My personal view is that the purpose of the SA regional forum is to get a sense of belonging that can move outside of the internet and into the real world. Through cruises, get togethers and just mates getting to know each other and lending a helping hand.

Edited by Xany

Well this is going off-topic nicely.

I think some guidelines should be drawn up and pinned at the top for people to refer to, especially new people.

I still think the SA Section could be more user friendly and more 'united' in its way of information sharing at a state level but that is at the Region Leader's and Admin responsibility and decision as it is their site. By making this comment I am not having a go either :jamie:

You guys are waaaayyyy to serious,

Its a forum, people should be able to discuss things,argue(within reason),talk shit,dribble, joke around etc without you guys locking things just becuase its not

%100 straight and narrow.

Its similar to a chat room except we all like corollas,It appears that you expect it to be a strict Q&A area where opinions don't matter.

I feel the same way as LukAE71 except the time and effort wasnt there to explain myself as carefully as he did

Yes I am new here and most will disagree with me because they don't know me and want to impress the mods, but its all good! :jamie:

This /\/\/\/\ is the kind of post which kills the forum. This one and the last one JUD made. Some people can never be happy to participate in something unless they can run it and control it on some level. Always subtly prodding and fighting the power with every post. If we moderate this type of person we will receive 5 or 10 irate pms from them who currently tells us to relax. Ive seen it so many times.

There are so many people who 100 percent refuse to be moderated in any way. If one mod tells them to pull their head in, they threaten them. Next mod tells them the same thing, same response. Member gets banned, then we get legal threats for discrimination lawsuits, one idiot lately kept threatening to crush his own Corollas unless we let him back on immediately. We called his bluff and he said he didn't want to be part of a club full of young dickheads and the like who arent as into corollas as he is, anyway. Then he continued to threaten us with legal stuff to let him back on. Contradictions in terms. I point this out not to shame anyone, but to make the point about peoples reactions and how they play their cards in these situations. If you get a nasty PM from a mod or admin, then consider it a shot over the bow. If your posting habits don't become refined, then you will probably end up banned. you are welcome to PM another mod and ask if they thinks its fair, as long as you do it as a human.

Forums do not refresh immediately, you have to manual refresh, therefore, the whole concept of chat doesn't even translate to a forum properly. As I understand forums, someone posts an idea. This idea promotes firstly thought and possibly further relevant information which others may share. Thus a thread develops. Chat, as in conversational language, leet speak, etc, doesn't belong here, and should be saved for msn or the like. If you complain that you use rollaclub because you arent allowed msn at work, then how about you go do your job and stop junking up rollaclub?

Impress the mods? What are we, judging a prize pony at the royal Easter show? Trust me when I say that we don't care who you are or what you say to anyone as long as you don't bully, abuse, victimize, text speak or go off topic too frequently. This is a simple set of rules that no-one can seem to follow. Not following these simple basic rules will get your thread closed or deleted. Its really quite simple.

Moderators from time to time overreact to things, to err on the side of caution, and just delete things rather than worry about the possible implications. We are always welcoming of human level communication asking why we did what we did. Instead, most people send us nasty PMs with legal or death threats, pointing out our perceived power complexes, questioning our maturity and love of corollas etc. The ball is always in the members court. There are only a handful of you that are under constant scrutiny by the moderators, and that scrutiny is well deserved by those individuals. If people could remain calm and composed, read things with their happy and relaxed hat on, instead of their 'I'm gonna smash his face' hat on, then we would have way less shitfights etc.

Everyone has their own opinion on what rollaclub is or should be. We strive to rise above the usual 'oh its only the internet, just f@$king cause havock' mentality by representing ourselves intelligently, making friends not enemies, and banning the provocative shitheads that try to drag us down into that territory.

Sometimes it takes real effort to follow the rules, get along with strangers and behave. Please try people!

As for regional sections, they arent chat rooms. They arent an off topic section. Drunk, stupid, pointless chat threads don't last long.

Promote local events, reach out to local members, organise events and cruises, introduce yourself to your new local people if you move etc.

Anything else, if it can't be had in the off topic forum, its time for msn.

I don't think it really needs clarifying other than the SA thread is confined to SA specific information/discussion. When you look at the locked threads, coupled with the broader forum rules, then Mystik/Mods are quite within their bounds to can them.

I rarely look in this section, usually just to find out what local events are on and glean some local knowledge of suppliers/workshops/wrecker goodies. As for "chattting/general stuff/trash" threads, I vote they get taken elsewhere. They're nothing but an excuse for shitfights, arguments and flaming.

but people some arent discussing "purpose of the sa section", these people are just criticizing how the moderating is done ie: your comments earlier :yes:

Edit:

Budowski, thats been there since the forum lay out was changed, how ever long ago that was now :jamie:

Cool i didnt see it there since i guess i was never looking for it lol.

What littleredspirit said is the other 90% i was looking for as for clarity in my mind cheers.

Edited by Budowski