"slab" - The New, Better Daily

machg

Those conelocks are good...... but they can chew out your studs/bolts pretty quick if you remove then often. I used to have a bit of trouble with nuts coming loose on the 4ktc stuff, espeacially the J-pipe>mani bolts so I replaced them with cone lockers.

They served their purpose well, but because I would remove them every 3 months or so I very quickly f@$ked the studs/bolts they went on. Ended up chucking the conelockers and getting normal nuts and split washers and started using medium strength lock tight instead. This was after replacing every stud/nut that had a 'conelock loved' thread.

If they only get removed like once a year you might be right, but atleast you know now. :)

:y: Just noticed I made a sig quote!!! :y:

• 3 months later...
Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Skip 3rd? :)

LOL, nah, just use my awesome driving skills and double clutch FTW! Also, got two new tyres, wheel alignment and new GT40R coil...is running a bit better, but still mis-firing hi rpm/throttle. Can hear arcing out at idle, like good spark is getting out of the coil, but is not making it through the dissy and out to the plugs properly. :)

Chuck some plug and coil leads at it. Supercheap auto bosch supersport plug lead set FTMFW! :)

Yeah, I actually have a bit of cash ATM, so "slab" has an appointment @ Pro-automotive on Thursday. Paying a workshop to work on my car, what luxury! Kucy will probably shit himself when he sees it. ROFL

Apart from the attitude (well it is a heap) taking the car to Pro-automotive was worth the money. New plug leads and it revs out nice and clean. It's quite surprising, after just driving around, boosting at 3-4000 rpm most of the time, the first time I revved it in third, it actually pulled hardest at the top end of the rev range. I wasn't game to go limiter hunting, but it revs to 6000 rpm with ease now, woo hoo

• 2 weeks later...
Vids or ban! :P

LOL, one day, maybe. Driver's side front caliper started dragging badly the other day. Thought it might have been seals, but turned out to be caliper slides. Fixed now, plus new pads. I also had previously overtightened the driver's side wheel bearing, (chasing a wierd noise that I thought was worn bearing) so I backed that off a little bit. Now noise has gone, and car drives and brakes heaps better, awesome.

• 3 weeks later...

Actually did a fair bit (time wise) on the old girl today. After visiting the mechanic and him complaining about the exhaust leak, LOL, I decided to bite the bullet, pull the exhaust manifold, turbo etc. and investigate the leak (between the exhaust manifold and turbo). Pulled it all apart and found that i had forgotten to put a gasket in there, DOH. Put it back together using all new conelock nuts where possible. Is heaps quieter and makes more boost everywhere now. Maybe if I keep fixing all the little things that are wrong with her, she mght actually be a semi-respectable bus one day, heaven forbid. Left to do: finish painting, oil leaks, oil consumption, roof lining, stereo and speakers, LSD.

Edited by machg

• 5 weeks later...