Ella

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

man seriously the whole ghetto thing is so fail, who needs to get defects all over the shop for "poke" and "fitment" id rather tuck a nice big fat rim and be done with it, 90% of the cars done ghetto spec aka AE86DC cars look like shit.

Will do in the next few days when i find my camera lololol

And yeah I'm a little worried about people taking their dislike of my sticker out on the car buuuut it never ever leaves my sight unless its locked up in the garage at night.

Gave it a alignment today and maxed out the caster at 2.5 degrees lol toe is set nicely now, and camber is now at 1.5 degrees each side, just how it should be..

Edited by Ella

lol uhmm here we go

XT130 struts, twin piston calipers, discs, lower control arms, steering arms with corolla top hats and springs.

KE30 corolla tie rod adjuster bar thingys and tie rod ends.

Every single bush in my front end is nolathane.

planned upgrades include getting a second set of corona struts and finally building the coilover kit i have sitting here gathering dust (6kg springs, trd yellow shocks) and get a set of peugot discs to go with the 4 pot hilux calipers i have here also gathering dust)

also have a lock spacer here to fix up the lack of lock in the corona front setup and will eventually get AE86 PS arms to do it properly. that will also kick out the camber a bit so i think itll be time for camber tops too (jeez things are getting expensive now lol)

rear end has king falcons (i think bought them second hand) set to a good height and adjustable GAB shocks that do the job nicely, looking into a adjustable spring setup for the rear when i go coilover front.

hrmm that about sums it up.

now with all this going on youd think i would need to make it go faster, looking for the right 4AGE to get that happening got everything i need for that too bar the engine (fuel setup and AE71 bits) which is good my poor old 4k is getting a bit wheezy lol.

• 2 months later...

so i keep getting some rather undue attention for my wheels and the offset they have, so have now got myself some nice daily rims and tires to keep myself out of trouble.

now i know most corollas need a spacer to run these rims, not mine, gotta love the xt130 front end :)

reed's car was here too as he was here helping out and we were working on both rollas, so photo opportunity ensued.

post-1450-1272807367_thumb.jpg

hrmm maybe after a closer perspective its time to mow the lawn too.

Edited by Ella

• 4 weeks later...

Well its been ages since i even drove this car, he above pics were taken on the last time i drove it!

gathering dust in the shed ive been not motivated at all to work on or even drive it.

today i chucked my steelies on it and went for a burn how id forgotten how awesome this car is to drive!

• 5 months later...

So ive been deliberating what to do with my poor old DX,

havent worked on it or even driven it in months, and its run out of rego :(

i'm considering selling it on to someone who will use it hey.

anyone interested apply by PM only.

Just had a read through your thread. nice rare car you got your hands on. the front bumpers,bonnet, interior and dash are very similar to panelvans.

one thing that you wrote those i reckon your wrong about.read your quote below.

man seriously the whole ghetto thing is so fail, who needs to get defects all over the shop for "poke" and "fitment" id rather tuck a nice big fat rim and be done with it, 90% of the cars done ghetto spec aka AE86DC cars look like shit.

You saying your car isnt modified ghetto.. pppfftt. your kidding yourself buddy.

couple of things i spotted in the pics of YOUR car.

umm.. rust repairs painted over with white paint that's not even close to matching.

missing side mouldings

massive dint in the door

flared guards with no filler

missmatched wheels

fuel cap doesnt seal..

So hows your car any different to "90%" of AE86DC cars?

There are some sick cars coming off that site man.some people with good ideas too.

(for the record i aint some ae86dc lover. i have about 30posts on that site.)