Ella

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All the trouble Ive gone to collecting parts from all over, overseas etc, with the intention of being the only one with that front end rolling around Brissy. And you just roll past a Ford wrecker and find the whole damn car. I'm off to torch my garage, see yas.

Nah seriously, awesome find, I call dibbs if you sell it. Ill happily get it running....

Oh and please stop writing yo everytime you write JDM somewhere, thats not cool, yo. I don't know about you but I don't think its 1992 anymore.

:P

Lol Littleredspirit, have a look at some of my posts or have a conversation with me sometime, i just plain say yo a lot. yo.

and i king of think the whole making rollas JDM looking thing is a little funny, due to the costs involved (that shits all so very exxy) so its sorta a dig at that too. IMO JDMing a aus spec car is just weird, tho it does look better i must say.

well dougie came and had a look today and we couldnt work out what it is stopping it running...

I'm going to try a few more things in the next week or two.

but i think maybe over the next few days its cleaning and rust busting tiems

thats only baby rust

go buy a mig and have some fun learning.

nothing you can't cut out and start again.

if you had seen what my first car started and finished as...you would be amazed what you can learn.

just get the metal as close the right shape, the less bog the better.

especially that section, my bog cracked just below that vent on both sides in my first 70, whether it was flex from corners, or movement from subs i don't know, but try keep it thin

thats only baby rust

go buy a mig and have some fun learning.

nothing you can't cut out and start again.

if you had seen what my first car started and finished as...you would be amazed what you can learn.

just get the metal as close the right shape, the less bog the better.

especially that section, my bog cracked just below that vent on both sides in my first 70, whether it was flex from corners, or movement from subs i don't know, but try keep it thin

hrmm yeah i work in a welding shop. i think I'm going to do it all myself at work on Saturdays. i can weld pretty well and have the help of guys who are much better than me to show me how to do it, how thick should my plate be in the spots where the panels all eaten out?

also the rust appears to have actually started on the inside, as its all bubbly for a bit underneath, should i cut the whole lot out? or just treat it with rust converter (probably a bit hard on the inside of the panel any ways...)

i just need to get the bloody thing running first, but that should be achieved on the weekend.