New Clutch Plate

Members dont see this ad

I have a brass button clutch on my KE55 with 4AGZE. DO NOT GO FOR ONE FOR A DAILY DRIVER!!! It is a bitch to use at low speeds. It's fine for race use, but I definitely recommend a heavy duty organic for a daily driver.

Is it true brass button clutches wear faster than organic ones???

i think it was $180 just for the plate, the pressure plate is heavy duty but it's been in there for a while, not sure what that was worth.

it wasn't exedy who made the centre, it was though some one at brisbane sporting car club.

we can get you one if your interested.

I have a brass button clutch on my KE55 with 4AGZE.  DO NOT GO FOR ONE FOR A DAILY DRIVER!!!  It is a bitch to use at low speeds.  It's fine for race use, but I definitely recommend a heavy duty organic for a daily driver.

Is it true brass button clutches wear faster than organic ones???

sounds like i should go organic first and if it seems to slip too much, try a heavier clutch plate. Then to the extremes of a brass button.

i've heard that the brass button clutches don't last as long.....from a guy who works on clutches most of the time. Theres also less meat on the clutch.

Edited by Xany

on the street, you're sposed to slip the clutch to make driving smooth and safe, that's what it's there for. having been in cars with button clutches, and having seen how crap they are to drive with, and how long they (don't) last, i'd never put one in a street car

if you're ONLY racing, then a button clutch is ideal, as it guarantees zero slippage and maximum transfer of available power to the driveline at all times. of course, that's providing your gearbox and diff are up to the shock loading, or you're racing on dirt so you don't break things all the time anyway

xany has it dead right. for a street driven car, an organic driven plate with a heavy pressure plate is the way to go :dance: