Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

I Want Bigger Than 4a-gze

Featured Replies

this is 0-120 in 4agze

 

 

i would say it way to much for a p plater to handle, just get a ke70 do suspension learn to drive then when your off your ps look for power

  • Replies 54
  • Views 12.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

this is 0-120 in 4agze

 

 

i would say it way to much for a p plater to handle, just get a ke70 do suspension learn to drive then when your off your ps look for power

Sure you can do a crazy powerful conversion if you like. Just don't drive over the speed limit.

Your penis is never going to get any bigger by putting a 3L turbo'd 6 into a sub-900kg??? car.

 

Seriously, though. It's a waste of money for someone LEARNING how to drive. It's a lot funner doing up a car that you're going to respect one day, rather

than go 200km/h+ in before you crash into a tree/ditch/pole/etc. Would you brag to grandma and your relatives that you have a fully sick car that smokes

up the street and can beat Rex's? You should know better!

Edited by seabiscuit

mate worry about getting the car first and learning how to drive in it THEN think about the conversion.

i was driving my 1ggte ke70 at 17, but i had a lot of learner time and drove a stocker for nearly a year before driving the 1g.

was making over 150 at the treads.

i had some scary moments, and some fun moments.

mine was already converted and blue plated, but not registered, and still cost about 10K to get on the road.

the costs just add up and are ridiculous...

i wouldnt go bigger than the 1g, I'm rebuilding my entire car and going silly with it, and we have discussed handling, and are pretty sure we can get it to handle, but its gonna take some work.

i would highly recommned driving a stocko for a year to learn how a car handles, they can still get away from you in the wet and on gravel, and its good fun to learn.

i was driving my 1ggte ke70 at 17, but i had a lot of learner time and drove a stocker for nearly a year before driving the 1g.

was making over 150 at the treads.

i had some scary moments, and some fun moments.

mine was already converted and blue plated, but not registered, and still cost about 10K to get on the road.

the costs just add up and are ridiculous...

i wouldnt go bigger than the 1g, I'm rebuilding my entire car and going silly with it, and we have discussed handling, and are pretty sure we can get it to handle, but its gonna take some work.

i would highly recommned driving a stocko for a year to learn how a car handles, they can still get away from you in the wet and on gravel, and its good fun to learn.

 

+1

 

I learned how to drive in a ke70 pano with 4k power (lol), had a near accident by not knowing how the car handles but managed to avoid it but I learned my lesson.

 

Now i am driving a 4ac sprinter, its a whole different feeling. The engine is rooted but I'm not jumping into a 4age/4agze conversion. We have decided to rebuild the 4-AC and do some mods too it (maybe).

If I drive that for a while and decide that I want more power but still want to keep the ae86 THEN I will consider a 4age/4agze conversion (If i can afford too and once I am on my full licence).

 

Keep in mind the cost of the actual conversion, the time and frustration it will take and also getting it road worthy. How do you think regency will react when a fresh P plater comes through with a ke70 with a 4age/4agze. Let alone a 1GGTE, etc.

 

 

Oh and soon I will put a build thread of my sprinter.. :)

  • Author

Gahh, i didn't expect all these comments lol... The car i'm talking about will be in the future. I'm simply getting ideas and suggestions and reading other peoples builds etc... Don't think i'm some little rev head teen soon to be on the news .____. I just want some power, a nice sound and a head turner... I'm not like "Hey, let's go buy a KE70, stick a 6 in it, put massive chromies on it, paint is fluorescent pink, put a gay picture on it and go drag commodores and die"

 

I'm like "I want a car that doesn't almost conk out when you take off, or completely die and over rev like crazy in every gear..."

 

In actual fact, i'm a very sketchy driver. But yeh, going to back to what i said when i first started the topic, i have no clue about cars... Some one says 4A-GE 1.6L. I instantly think small and weak...

 

=D

Edited by Dowsett

drive one.

even the ge is good, the gze wont leave much to be desired, theyre pretty punchy and will be alot easier in the long run.

Gahh, i didn't expect all these comments lol... The car i'm talking about will be in the future. I'm simply getting ideas and suggestions and reading other peoples builds etc... Don't think i'm some little rev head teen soon to be on the news .____. I just want some power, a nice sound and a head turner... I'm not like "Hey, let's go buy a KE70, stick a 6 in it, put massive chromies on it, paint is fluorescent pink, put a gay picture on it and go drag commodores and die"

 

I'm like "I want a car that doesn't almost conk out when you take off, or completely die and over rev like crazy in every gear..."

 

In actual fact, i'm a very sketchy driver. But yeh, going to back to what i said when i first started the topic, i have no clue about cars... Some one says 4A-GE 1.6L. I instantly think small and weak...

 

=D

When I first joined this forum I was a little blurry on cars and motors etc. but even after being on here for approx 6 months I've learned quite a lot

about my car and how they work etc. I haven't learned everything I'd like to - in fact I have barely scratched the surface!

If I were you I'd learn a bit more about what is out there, what it does and how much etc. it can't really be answered on an internet forum in 15 minutes. There is

a lot to think about as engine conversions aren't cheap. Good luck!

 

ps. 4age's may be small, but they are definitely not weak. They're one of the punchiest 4 cyl motors out!

 

EDIT: You say 4agze's are weak? This just gave me a hard-on :)

 

4agze 0-100 in MR2

Edited by seabiscuit

i just heard the same sentence written 50 different times in about 10 different forms so i think you should just take there advice and drive a shit box and look into trickin the suspension up learning how to handle a car in a wide open grass paddock etc etc

 

and yeah than go and get power

 

I'm nearly 20 and i havent owned any thing bigger than a 2.0 l non turbo 4 cylinder. but i know how to drive them.

 

good luck etc

might have been a better than saying that you want bigger than a 4age/4agze in the first place :)

 

Some one says 4A-GE 1.6L. I instantly think small and weak...

 

if you ask nicely I'm sure someone that has a 4age, and lives close "might" take you for a spin and show you that they arent small and weak :)

we're all just looking out for ya

i think we all go through this stage in growing up

 

a KE70 with a sugercharger whine would turn my head every time - or a turbo popping off

with some (ie. quite alot of :)) work 4AGE turbos can make 250-300kw at the wheels - not bad for a 1.6L, right?

 

i've had my twinky for about a year and a half now and i don't think i've "mastered" her yet - hell i don't think i've even valve-bounced even once yet

250-300 isnt very nice to drive on a 4a though, thats the only reason why I'm sticking with the bigger motor, but you seriously don't need that much power to have a very quick, 200-230 is pretty easy on a 4a and nice to drive.

Gahh, i didn't expect all these comments lol... The car i'm talking about will be in the future. I'm simply getting ideas and suggestions and reading other peoples builds etc... Don't think i'm some little rev head teen soon to be on the news .____. I just want some power, a nice sound and a head turner... I'm not like "Hey, let's go buy a KE70, stick a 6 in it, put massive chromies on it, paint is fluorescent pink, put a gay picture on it and go drag commodores and die"

 

I'm like "I want a car that doesn't almost conk out when you take off, or completely die and over rev like crazy in every gear..."

 

In actual fact, i'm a very sketchy driver. But yeh, going to back to what i said when i first started the topic, i have no clue about cars... Some one says 4A-GE 1.6L. I instantly think small and weak...

 

=D

 

Car that meets your criteria.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.