I Want Bigger Than 4a-gze

the main thing you have to remember.

POWER to WEIGHT ratio.

in a kesev even 120kw atw will make the car go about as quick as most cars on the rd.

i would believe that the car would have a better ratio than even brand new clubsports etc. wrx etc.

on the rd you just don't need it.

this is just an opinion but anything over 130kw atw in a sub 900kg car is silly and not really 'driveable'.

it would be the sorta car you couldn't hammer around twisty rds etc without having to be very very careful.

Finally......

People you really have to keep in mind what power level will actually have your car remain driveable.

Yes, 300 rwkw is great and you can tell all your mates about it but it will be an epic fail of a car to drive on the roads. I had a Sprinter with 180 rwkw and yeah it was great... in a straight line... if you took it for a drive through the hills or around any corner for that matter it was undriveable as you had to be so careful.

IMO build a car with good power that you can actually use, it will be far more enjoyable than something that fries the tyres all day long.

My mate has an SR in his KE70, he drove a stock 4AGE Bigport KE70 and he enjoyed the 4A one wayyyy more. Why, because he could actually DRIVE it :y:

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So many more engines that would have cost less for fabrication and purchases that would have put out the same power with less weight.

yes but some people either have to be different or they get a 'bargain' motor and they start from there without thinking of the cost of everything else.

Learn to drive a slow car fast, rather than a fast car fast.

You will learn to become a far better driver and know when to put the power on, more than if you always

have power on tap. You will be surprised how much fun you can have in a RWD in the wet (even a stock KE70 with a 4k)!

As you learn, then go for something that has a bit more like a worked 4/5k or eventually a 4age.

As others have said a 4age is great but you must expect that the process becomes expensive, regardless of what engine

you choose.

Edited by Doogs

A 160kw car will be faster around most race tracks. Linear throttle response is the key to high speed cornering, 300kw in a corolla is going to be lag or spinning the wheels when on boost, not really what most track racers aspire too.

Great for dropping skids to impress bogans in there commodores though :y:

just learn to drive the car you have, a car that comes on boost at 4000rpm and makes power out to 9, and makes 250-300kw at the tyres will be drivable with good tyres and skill.

Thanks for that mitch4397 lol, but i think i will stick my Astra ay. I just need to get my P's so i can get a bit of experience, at the moment Mum and Dad whine like caterpillars when i turn a corner to fast etc... I just need to get some new tires and a new windscreen. I just wish it didn't have so much rust, otherwise i would respray it, chuck some better suspension on it and get an exhaust system on it, but ohh well

By the way, i appreciate you all looking out for me =] And i guess i should just stick with a 4 for a little while.

Thanks

Lol this thread reminds me of back when I was younger and was asking about how to get 200kw in a datto.

Anyway great to hear you came to this conclusion. Consider this car a learning experience. Sure your car wont be a world beater in a straight line but it'll be fine to learn in (as long as its a manual). Just have the maturity to learn to drive the thing and hone your own abilities with the car without worrying how fast some other guys car is. Also if its just some rust bucket then you might be more inclined to tinker with it and see what modifications make a difference, also if you dent or bend it a little it wont be as big a deal. You can have fun in pretty much any car, and if you can't then you're not trying hard enough :)

What doogs said "Learn to drive a slow car fast, rather than a fast car fast. You will learn to become a far better driver and know when to put the power on, more than if you always have power on tap." is right on the money. You'll find a lot of fast drivers played with slow cars when they were learning and then progressed to faster cars when they already had some ability behind them. Plan mods when you have the money cause odds on what you plan now wont be anything like you want once you have 6k spare to play with.

Good luck :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Turns out, my dream car popped up cheap =D Long story short. Finished work, MkII Supra in car park, went and said "Hi", got into a convo, he recommended me to SaSupra.com, told me about a guy selling a MkII, PMed him, bought it for $800, fixing it up atm.

But i still want a KE70, so I'm going to look at one soon =] She will be stock though.

Michael