Real Love - What Car Have You Had That You Know....

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My R31, I still have it but I'm not sure if it will ever be driven again. It's fate will be determined today.

A bit early to call true love after just a few days :fuzz:

The car I hated the most was a Datsun Stanza I was given for free. I spent more time working on it than driving it. I fixed up a whole heap of stuff on it, bogged up the rust, gave it a paint brush paint treatment and ended up selling it for $200 to some wanker who wanted a daily boonger.

I told him that the radiator had a small leak and you had to check the water (not coolant that was too exxy for this thing) occasionally or total destruction would be imminent. He did not heed this advice and he drove it to it's hot boilng death. Somehow he drove it so hard it eventually caught on fire (at least that's what he told me when he called asking for a refund of his $200 :) ). The best part about it was that he left it in a park somewhere and hadn't transferred the rego to his name. My brother spotted it there and let me know. We went up to get it and as I had a key for it still I started it (it still started) and drove it home to my brothers where he had (apparently) organised for it to be taken by a wrecker the next week.

A few months later I got a letter from a council demanding I pay impound fees for the car as apparently it had been left outside someone's house a fair few suburbs away from my brothers house. My brother denied having anything to do with it.

I signed a stat dec to say I had not left the car there and did not have to pay any tow or impound fees and I think the car was auctioned off.

I saw the car driving down the road just the other day (some 2 years after the above bs happened) so someone obviously went to the effort of buying the car from auction and fixing it and regoing it again. Why oh why??? It had to be the same car, it had the same dog shit paint work that I did to it with rust in all the same spots and I am sure it was the same one.

Sorry for the essay, got all worked up thinking of that piece of sh%t :)

i love my ae86 but i still miss my ke70 pano

my first car, learnt how to drive in it, did everything in it...

only cost 50 bucks and me and dad together built her up to end up looking like this

IMGP0604.jpg

IMGP0450.jpg

IMGP0445.jpg

My favourite car for some reason has been my very first Corolla, my 1977 KE30.

It was stock as a rock auto 3K, slow as hell, with a lot of body roll and wasn't in exceptional condition.

But I could leave it anywhere without worrying about it (even left it unlocked a few times), never gave me any problems, had a lot of fun driving past expensive cars setting off their alarms (straight through exhaust to resonator), scaring granny's with the sound, pulling up next to people with the AM radio blaring through the dash speaker lol

The girls always liked that too, they thought it was 'cute'...

I did some pretty stupid things in that car and only had one minor incident when I spun in the hills and loved a guard rail.

Pulled massive standstills smoking out my mates whole street, and shot little flames from the exhaust

Cheers, Ben.

You lost your first love and now you're a car slut Benzo. I hear ya. It hurts and you've just got to fill the pain with one new love after another. :fuzz: :cool: :cool:

First car I truly loved... Filthy Bill my ke70 wagon. Yellow with lots of rust but he just went and went. Hubby hooked the petrol blower vac up to him once. Far out, talk about faster response. :no2: Sticker on the blower vac said it blows up to 330km/hour winds. Thought he'd give it a try. This thing had more bog than original body but I loved him. First and last "male" car for me too I reckon. I thought a chick should have boy cars but I'm over it. Here's to being a TomBoy :D

Car I hated the most: The Beamer. Nothing wrong with it. It was in good nick but I hated it. Such a girly, mumsy car. Urgh. Give me a Jap car any day.

hard choice,

I've loved every car I've had (which isn't many, only 4 including the current one) for different reasons. I don't count my work vehicles.

*67 mini deluxe very low km

*84 bmw 318i high km

*74 ke20 low km

*06 xr6 turbo low km

pick of the bunch for real love factor is the ke20, although it brought my wife to tears and had to go to make way for our baby human, as it will never be able to be replaced. It was such a clean example and definately shouldn't have been able to go as fast as it did.

It really saddens me how much trouble its bringing its new owner.

most hated car....my current Nissan Bluebird (aka the CRAPBird) I hate it with a vengeance, and I've hated it since before the day I bought it....

Tell me about it - I had a Love Hate relationship with my Bluebird. I loved it because the CA18 Turbo in it used scare the shit out of everyone, myself included. But the windows falling out of winders, doorhandles breaking and needing constant readjustment, dash rattling and squeaking and the glovebox screwing up all the time just got too much.

Apart from that, my wagon would be my favourite. I do enjoy the new 5K and the manual, but one day I might drop a Toyoglide back in with a stock 5k. I'll never sell her though.....

Never really loved any of my cars, but loved my first bike to pieces. Was a CBX250, paid $50 for it, it cost more in oil each week then fuel (10l of oil per 100k's gets expensive) had a top speed of just under 100 with a tail wind down hill if i was doin 70 at the top of the hill and it was atleast a couple of k's to the bottom. But for the 45,000k's i did on it during my first year of riding i loved it. But the timing chain snapped putting all 3 valves through the piston :bash: Gave it away and still cry when i see its new owner riding it round from time to time.

post-7669-1243942062.jpg