Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Flares On My Ke20 Right Now. Opinions?

Featured Replies

Heres a few pics of my car with flares taped on and the wheels sitting where i would like, front it 10mm slip on spacers, rears would have to be about 25mm spaces (yet to be made).

 

What do people think it looks like?

 

I think it looks great personally, but i suppose i'm not 100% convinced. Its either this option (cost of rear spaces), or flare the guards at a cost of $1000 (!) which is a backyard job.

 

IMG_8357.jpg

IMG_8370.jpg

IMG_8353.jpg

IMG_8380.jpg

 

Keep in mind there are taped on lol, I'm sure it would look nicer them painted and bolted correctly!

 

Troy

Edited by RA28GT

  • Replies 68
  • Views 30.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't want to whinge but it is a bit hard to see from those photos.... can you lighten them up a little in photoshop so we can see the detail etc.

 

I think they will look hot but hard to give an opinion just on those photos.

 

Why ask for everyone's opinion on here anyway, I have already told you your taste for style is awesome :) I think everyone else feels the same :y:

  • Author
Why ask for everyone's opinion on here anyway, I have already told you your taste for style is awesome :) I think everyone else feels the same :y:

 

Just to convince myself before i cut the guards lol

 

Give me 10min and ill take some better photo's...

its just a corolla... CUT AWAY :y:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

looks much better with flares.

flares staying dark colored?? if so, start cutting!

flares staying dark colored?? if so, start cutting!

 

Agreed I think if the flares are body coloured they will look crap.

 

Either a grey or matt black I think would be best. Gloss black flares look awful imo :y:

  • Author

Yup the flares will be staying dark coloured, satin black to be exact.

 

Heres some pics in the rain (fun):

 

IMG_8463.jpg

IMG_8444-1.jpg

IMG_8428.jpg

IMG_8432.jpg

IMG_8438.jpg

IMG_8441.jpg

yep, hot, just do it :)

 

It actually looks like with the flares you 'could' go lower in the rear to bring them closer to the outer edge of the tyre but I seem to recall you saying you had issues even with the current height :y:

  • Author
yep, hot, just do it :)

 

It actually looks like with the flares you 'could' go lower in the rear to bring them closer to the outer edge of the tyre but I seem to recall you saying you had issues even with the current height :y:

 

Thats basically bump stops :hmm:

bumpstops can be cut haha I'm not usually a fan of flares but these look bloody good especially if they stay black

Looks damn good.

I've had a set of flares sitting in my garage for about 18 months now with the idea of fitting them when I do the rebuild.

My 20 is brittish Racing Green and I had assumed I'd just have to paint them that colour and try to match the paint ( if I don't respray ).

 

matt black might be the way to go for me too. I can see a test fit coming up this weekend :y:

yeah sick :y: i had doubts but it seems to suit, definately black flares.

love your taste

IMG_8432.jpg

 

such a win shot! car looks tops!

+1 Awesome photo except the tape lol

 

Go for it mate, satin black flares wil look sweet.

 

Lower it a little more all round (cut bumpstops), add whitewalls and you will win

 

Cheers, Ben.

  • Author

Ok looks like I'M CUTTING THIS BAD BOY UP!

 

Thanks guys overwhelming yes to these flares despite everyone being skeptical initially :y:

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.