Flares On My Ke20 Right Now. Opinions?

RA28GT

I was digging the rims and flares up to the point the tyres were whitewalled.

To me the tough fattened jap look clashes with the granny style of the whitewalls and venetions.

Full marks for effort though, it is one tidy ke20.

Edited by Felix

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Heres a higher resolution picture for anyone that would like one, although once Ive got my spacers then I'm taking her out and doing a proper photo shoot.

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk157/R...ii/HIGH_RES.jpg

I was digging the rims and flares up to the point the tyres were whitewalled.

To me the tough fattened jap look clashes with the granny style of the whitewalls and venetions.

Full marks for effort though, it is one tidy ke20.

Its a matter of opinion thing, i wasn't really going for the JDM look its just how it panned out, i usually just go with what looks good to me.

As far as the venetian i think KE20's without venetian's just look like they have a huge bubble window and looks a little strange, since the venetian is black i think it blends in quite well. Now the whitewalls are always going to be an opinionated thing, i've had them on every car for years now and i love them, i think they even look nice with these superlites despite in theory they wouldn't work, people either like them or they don't, 99.95% of people like them and i like them so I'm happy :y:

very very big call guys, don't get me wrong this is a very nice example but definitely not the best......

There are several much nicer, higher quality built KE20 around australia (I hope not offence is taken by this comment)

Fair call, this is no way the best KE20 in australia, i personally think its direction of styling to me is one of the best, i personally haven't seen another KE20 that really has caught my eye (although 25's are a different story).

Also keep in mind the best KE20 have some big advantages on mine:

a) Big budget. i have spent not a great deal on mine so far, dare say it wouldn't have gone over $2500 yet including the cost of the car.

b) Experienced owner. I'm 23 and haven't been brought up in a family thats car orientated, everything i know i have learnt in the last few years playing around with my corollas.

c) Their weekend Cars. This is my daily driver that drives all the way from Angle Vale to Hindmarsh every day of the week.

Edited by RA28GT