Somethind Different - F20c Vtec In Ae82

what about a 1MZ V6 from a camry, use the box and get you shafts modified just need to arange the mounthing in the bay

Just a touch harder then that...

From memory 2.6 non-turbo litres is the biggest you can go in the '82

2mz-fe or the 1vz-fe, 2vz-fe or 4vz-fe from the engineering/mod plate point of view would be a better idea.

3vz-fe is just too big in more ways then one - power bulge on the bonnet and the firewall would have to moved further back

Doing a B18 would be infinitely harder due to the engine spinning the wrong way.....

Not really cause the Honda gearbox will be sitting at the correct end of the motor.

Which leads into the next thing of that i reckon Honda got it right with the motor spinning backwards.

A clockwise running motor when revved will want to tilt to the back of the car

An anti-clockwise running motor when revved will want to tilt to the front of the car.

Either a b16a, b17a, b18a or the vtec's d16a, d17a would be a lot easier to pull off from an engineering/mod plate point of view.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't wats a 3SGTE because its been done b4.... to me it wont me my own one of a kind it'll be a one of several that have been done b4... and i think the challenge of goin f20c will be great fun as apose to doin something that has been done and then that person telling you how to do it...

stass3... um not sure if i end up doin it or not cause at this stage I'm only in planning... ummm but if i end up doin it ill let you know and we could go from there... there will also be a 3 1/4 inch exaust highflow, cat, sports muff and 3'' dump tip...

my bad i meant 2 1/4 inch...

Just a touch harder then that...

From memory 2.6 non-turbo litres is the biggest you can go in the '82

2mz-fe or the 1vz-fe, 2vz-fe or 4vz-fe from the engineering/mod plate point of view would be a better idea.

3vz-fe is just too big in more ways then one - power bulge on the bonnet and the firewall would have to moved further back

Not really cause the Honda gearbox will be sitting at the correct end of the motor.

Which leads into the next thing of that i reckon Honda got it right with the motor spinning backwards.

A clockwise running motor when revved will want to tilt to the back of the car

An anti-clockwise running motor when revved will want to tilt to the front of the car.

Either a b16a, b17a, b18a or the vtec's d16a, d17a would be a lot easier to pull off from an engineering/mod plate point of view.

my thoughts exactlly with the spinning...

Another suggestion could be one of the motors out of the civic or intergra allready being FWD and all?

B18C Spec R out of a 1997-2001 Integra Type R (JDM).... i suppose your rite.... and for all the money i save from not goin f20c... i ca spend on makin this thing handle like its on rails and it will still poon...

and another thing.... some of you doubt this goin ahead,sayin that if i was going to actually do this i wouldn't have posted this thread... well fine... I'm now changing my mind from f20c to c32b ! take that :P

and i am now the proud owner of a used JDM B18C Type R 98+ (Spec R) Motor set...

COMPLETE BLOCK&HEAD

5 speed *LSD* Manual Transmssion

WIRRING HARNESS

INTAKE MANIFOLD

EXAUST MANIFOLD

ALTERNATOR

DISTRIBUTOR

INJECTORS

CLUTCH

FLY WHEEL

PRESSURE PLATE

THROTTLE BODY