Purple Pirelli Eater

e70driftpig

Your harness arangment is not only un-safe but illegal.

There is certain angles of which the harness should not exceed, both vertically and horizontally.

The way they are now you cannot expect them to be any safer than replacing your seatbelt with somebody to give you a cuddle from the back seat every time you drive.

Yes the "kiddies love them" - your my hero, but do yourself a favour and don't rely on them as a safety feature until they're mounted correctly.

If you can't work out why they're so dangerous have a think about what would happen should the recliner mechanism in your seat break in a serious accident. :bash:

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:bash:

I hate know it all c**ts like you loitering in my thread with your bullshit comments!

1, know it all - :wink: , know a good way to kill yourself when I see it - :P

2, "loitering in your thread" ...... public forum > don't post here if you don't want opinions from the general public.

3, I don't see how a safety concern is a "bullshit comment"?

4, I call you a c**t in return,...... but you obviously lack the depth and the warmth!

The car might give you a stiffy one day. Unfortunatley it might also involve a pine box.

Good day sir. :hmm:

Listen smart arse!

as stated,there only for looks......the fact that there not ADR approved says to me there not legal.....the original seatbelts haven't been replaced either.....don't be a f@$king knob all ya life!

I hate know it all c**ts like you loitering in my thread with your bullshit comments! have a read and save yourself the time of telling me something i'm already aware of!

iv'e had this car for 2 months now....got it stock,missing heaps of parts,it's at the stage it is now and hasn't left my property!

this will be like the 5th car iv'e built,100th+ that ive owned.......I think i know what i'm doing....cheers

When it's finished it will give you a stiffy.....i promise!

josh

Mate - lose the attitude :P

As I see it he was only trying to help and it looks like he has built a few cars too. If you don't want advice or comments in your thread, don't post it up here for all to see.

I have a rides thread, and I put it up full well knowing someone probably won't like some things I have done. I don't mind as the car is for me not them. If I was doing something unsafe or wrong, I would want someone to point it out

Time for a teaspoon of cement for you young man :bash:

and as for your teaspoon of cement......young man,hahahahahahahahahahahahaha....please?

What, you think you might need a bagful instead :P

I would make a comment about why you would install a harness only to sit on top of it and continue to use the standard seat belt but then you would call me a smart arse.

Anyway enough, if you don't like people's comments/opinions/suggestions/advice either don't put up a rides thread or don't reply to the comments :bash:

why you would install a harness only to sit on top of it and continue to use the standard seat belt

LOL I fail to understand too, at least the kiddies love them

also lol at the comment someone made of it being perfect once a 4AGE is put in, its far from perfect imo

Not too keen on the whole wrapping the whole interior in purple and yellow vinyl, but its obviously what you like

This is a public forum so when you post up your project you have to expect other people to make comments, good or bad. Some comments will be helpful, and I think what Taz_Rx said was helpful. No need to react with comments like that.

also can you please use slightly better spelling/grammar in the future.

Cheers, Ben.

Geez get over yourself.

You are the one coming across as the "know it all". Taz was just giving his point of view which was legit, and then you go getting your knickers in a twist and spitting the dummy. If you don't want to be seen as a dumb kid, then don't act like one.

I should lock this thread, but I think I'd rather just sit back and let it run its' course.

:bash:

Edited by Felix

Well that explains a bit more. You put 50% of the info out and let me/us assume the rest .......and "assumption is the mother of all f@$k-ups" as far as I'm concerned.

When you said: "The kids love them" I assumed you meant the fully sik takumi drift kids in the local carpark, not your own offspring. So.... I do apologise for this assumption and hence the "your my hero" comment.

The rest has already been said above.

When using a public forum just remember that if somebody says something you don't like, laugh it off, ignore it or take it as a grain of salt because "arguing on the internet is like running in the speacial olympics. Even if you do win then you're still retarded". :bash:

Oooo ooo wheres that flame war video at?????

I also thought you meant local takumi drift wannabe commo driving kids ahahah

I have a question though, if you were to get rid of normal seat belts and use ADR approved racing harnesses, where would you mount them? I know where you would mount them in a car with a rollcage but where would you mount them?

Not that I want to put racing harnesses in my AE71 i don't need the race look, I am just curious.

O and i have some rpm hanress's laying around somewhere......

But they don't suit the interior look i want.

Cheers.

Travis.

Right, just to answer Travis's question:

If you mount them the way Josh currently has them, in the event of a front on crash you're going the being slung forward. This will transfer the starin into the harness, which will inturn transfer strain into the top of the seat (because of the angle of the harness). If the seat recliner mechanism breaks there will be nothing holding you back from the dash and steering wheel and everything is going to fold forward including you.

Alternatively, if you have them mounted to the parcel shelf like the paint picture Adam drew then you still get the forward jolt, but because the harness CANNOT transfer strain through the seat in the same way as above then you cannot go any further forward. Think of a right-angle triangle where your shoulder will be the right-angle.

IIHO the best compromise to have harness's for track work etc, but still retain functional back seats is to use harness's with the clip latches on them. Mount it to the parcel shelf in the correct manner for track days. And then when you want to be a taxi, unclip them to get them out of the way of the back-seat passenger and use your stock seatbelt.