Coolest Car In The World

demuire

Skip the 2VZ-FE. Go the 3VZ-FE (3.0L V6 Camry motor, VERY available) or the 5VZ-FE (3.4L V6 Prado motor). Use the gearbox from the 2VZ-FE, as I would think it'd bolt up to either motor, and suddenly you have a very gutsy car.

2VZ-FE - 159HP

3VZ-FE - 190-200HP

5VZ-FE - 190HP (but better torque)

Or you could be boring and do the 3S-GTE conversion, but why not stand out from the crowd?

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and i thought you were going to bed like half an hour ago

The thoughts of pimp super camry were giving me wet dreams, I had to get up and type more :moon:

They're not THAT expensive. About the same cost as the 2VZ conversion I would think. Plus it'd be lighter and faster, but wouldn't stand out as much as 3VZ or 5VZ conversion (which'd cost even more again).

Well, I've been told that a VZV21 frontcut doesn't go for much money, and all the bits should pretty much bolt into my Camry. My engine is on it's way out, and my gearbox has already gone out (lack of 2nd and 3rd gear sycnros) so looking at options is a nice thing to do. Getting another 3SFE + gearbox would be the cheapest most sensible option. But is less fun :) 3SGE's and 3SGTE's by definition fetch a lot of money. Plus, for some strange reason I'd rather go with a factory option.

From autospeed:

A Camry would have to be one of the most boring looking cars around. But the 1988 "VZV21" model V6 Camry - the first of the V6s - certainly isn't boring to drive!

The 1986-shape Camries usually come powered by a 3S-FE econobox engine, and - interestingly - Toyota Oz never gave the option for the more-powerful 3S-GE derivative (which came out in the Celica SX). Instead, they went ballistic and gave us the 3VZ-FE 2.5-litre quad-cam, 24 valve injected V6. Damn. What a shame, eh?! This sweet revving, ultra-quiet engine is an absolute jewel. Its available 117kW also gives the Camry 9.8 second 0-100 and 16.9 second quarter mile performance (in 5-speed manual form). And it does it oh so smoothly.

The "little" V6 Camry came only available as a top-line luxury model sedan, complete with power windows, air, central locking and a decent sound system. And that's all okay by me! From the outside, it is also distinguished by its lower front bumper chin, unique 15-inch alloy wheels and optional factory spoiler. It's a nice looking package - but it also isn't the sort of car you'd be loath to park somewhere at night.

Overall, the 2.5 V6 Camry is a very practical, luxurious, stealth-looking and fast-ish accelerating package. And it's a car that'll also retain its value very well (like most Toyotas). Oh, what a feeling... quad Camry!

Whee!