12a Rotary Build

chappo12

post-336-1259055039_thumb.jpg

I'm running a 3 row S1 RX7 Radiator which cools fine at idle, but can jump 10-15deg whilst cruising on the freeway.

I'm currently using a S3 RX7 oil cooler that bolts to the block, and has water lines plumbed into it.

I do have a PWR oil cooler up front but i found it took a few seconds to get oil pressure up. Might have something to do with the time it takes to pressurise up the oil lines and cooler before it feeds the engine. Mine set me back about $300. Look on ausrotary, they pop up all the time.

I couldnt really find a neat place to fit a standard S1-2 oil cooler. It was just physically too long/wide to fit up front without chopping the car up.

An auto transmission cooler is not an option.

S3 RX7 Cooler

post-336-1259055133_thumb.jpg

My PWR Oil Cooler

Hi Guys,

Sorry to jump in on your thread, but i'm in the middle of a build the same as yours ke30 coupe with 12a and 5 speed.

Only drama's i see having are engine mount and radiator fitment, would it be possible to ask for photo's of this area on someones build. Also i will put up some photos of where i'm at so far.

• 2 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys,

Sorry to jump in on your thread, but i'm in the middle of a build the same as yours ke30 coupe with 12a and 5 speed.

Only drama's i see having are engine mount and radiator fitment, would it be possible to ask for photo's of this area on someones build. Also i will put up some photos of where i'm at so far.

Check out my thread (KE30 Rotorolla - Tech Build) in a day or two for pics of mounting of the engine. I'm actually working on fitting a VL Radiator into mine now (taking a break) so I'll uploads pics later in the week when its all sorted.

S1 RX7 Radiators fit in nicely with custom brackets. However you may need to cut out a section of the radiator support panel to get full air flow over the radiator as its wider than a KE unit.

• 1 month later...