Smeetsy1's Ke30 !

smeetsy1

Ok, i'm looking at getting new tyres...

At the moment they are 185/70/88H which are too big (commodore spec).

I'm not that knowledgable about tyres.

I want to lower the profile - is it as simple as picking tyres such as 185/65/88H ???

How low do i go before it looks rediculous?

I still want to put whitewalls on them if that helps.

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

is this will from urrbrae and working at home hardware??

Yes my friend, how do you know so much about me!?

Ben - I was hoping you'd get on here regarding tyres :wink: I've never bought a pair... every car i've owned had new tyres and i sold them before i needed to replace them.

So 185/60.

But which tyre brand to go with? I want the cheapest but best as i don't have alot of money atm.

I'm so indecisive... I want it to be granny but when i lower it i know i'll want to run the enkeis.

I'm leaving the tint on at this stage because it looks like it'd make me angry when trying to take it off...

It will be granny - all i need to do is put on the crowns, venetian, lowering junk and whitewalls... then it's grandma.

If you can afford, go Bridgestone RE001's on the front. Really good 14" tyres for the price

Anything on the rear really, they'll only wear quicker anyway. :wink:

Your Enkei Crossfever's actually used to be on Skaney's yellow KE30 the same colour, same tints, lowered and venetians haha. Had a 3T-GTE in it from memory

Looked really good, but don't do it. Will only get defected the way SA is these days..

How much lower you going btw?

Ben - I was hoping you'd get on here regarding tyres :wink: I've never bought a pair... every car i've owned had new tyres and i sold them before i needed to replace them.

So 185/60.

But which tyre brand to go with? I want the cheapest but best as i don't have alot of money atm.

I'm so indecisive... I want it to be granny but when i lower it i know i'll want to run the enkeis.

I'm leaving the tint on at this stage because it looks like it'd make me angry when trying to take it off...

It will be granny - all i need to do is put on the crowns, venetian, lowering junk and whitewalls... then it's grandma.

I read somewhere that Sumitomo make a 14" tyre with whitewall already done on it for around $100 a tyre. That will save you a bit as whitewalls are what $100 for a set now on top of the price of the tyres already.

So 185/60.

its harry from urrbrae we worked together hows the car going i see it alot at work

• 2 weeks later...