June 15, 200917 yr comment_352279 auto to manual conversion to my ke55 , some1 is trying to sell me a t50 and I'm not quite sure if it will line up/bolt in? will a t50 fit behind a Ke55 and line up with the old shifter hole?? thanks in advance Evan Report
June 15, 200917 yr comment_352353 It will fit if you can find a K-T bellhousing (good luck) and no the shifter will not line up, nothing an angle grinder can't fix though. Report
June 15, 200917 yr comment_352363 I have a T-50 behind my K motor with a K -T bellhousing I'm using a T-50 from a ta22, and yes it uses the same shifter hole! Cheers Leigh Report
June 15, 200917 yr Author comment_352365 I have a T-50 behind my K motor with a K -T bellhousing I'm using a T-50 from a ta22, and yes it uses the same shifter hole! Cheers Leigh thanks leigh Report
June 15, 200917 yr comment_352366 Find a K50 box. It'll be easier. T50 you'll need a hydraulic clutch conversion as well. Report
June 15, 200917 yr comment_352428 Find a K50 box. It'll be easier. T50 you'll need a hydraulic clutch conversion as well. Not if you get a cable K-T. Thats what both Leigh's and mine are. There are some K-T bellhousing for sale at the moment on KP61.net which is an American based starlet website. If you haven't already joined there then maybe you should. 8/ As leigh said, use a TA22 T50 and it'll give you the correct shifter position, and being a 20 spline output the stock KE30 tailshaft will also go straight up its bum. AE71/AE86 etc T50's have a "ke70" shifter position and inch or so further back. Report
June 16, 200917 yr comment_352520 There are some K-T bellhousing for sale at the moment on KP61.net which is an American based starlet website. If you haven't already joined there then maybe you should. 8/ hey taz it seems that their registration has been disabled by admin Report
June 16, 200917 yr comment_352528 As leigh said, use a TA22 T50 and it'll give you the correct shifter position, and being a 20 spline output the stock KE30 tailshaft will also go straight up its bum. AE71/AE86 etc T50's have a "ke70" shifter position and inch or so further back. So wouldn't he need an AE71/86 t50 with the shifter further back?? As this is going into a car that was previously an auto and isn't the hole further back for those?? I'd just get a k50 from a KE70. Report
June 16, 200917 yr comment_352692 No, as far as I know if its a '55 it has a '55 shifter position, beit manual or auto. You curtainly could use an ae71/ae86 box and cut the hole back further, but then you also need to change the tailshaft for the 22 spline output. Report
June 17, 200917 yr comment_352765 It shouldn't be that hard to find a K50 really? The later model units are pretty bloody common. Call Peter Robinson, 9544 1162 and see what he's got. Report
June 17, 200917 yr comment_352791 No, as far as I know if its a '55 it has a '55 shifter position, beit manual or auto. Have a read of this thread. http://www.rollaclub.com/board/?showtopic=25991&st=15 Report
June 17, 200917 yr comment_352796 Have a read of this thread. http://www.rollaclub.com/board/?showtopic=25991&st=15 well there you go, hence the "as far as I know". Now I know for sure. Is this maybe because the '55's actually use a GM auto box I wonder? Cause I don't think a ke30 has a '70 shifter position when it has an auto box. :lol: I'll find out and then add all of this info to the FAQ. 8/ Report
June 18, 200917 yr comment_352966 if you did get a K-T bellhousing you can convert them to cable clutch, i did it to my last one, (if you don't mind a extra hole in the side) Report
July 7, 200917 yr comment_357561 Is this maybe because the '55's actually use a GM auto box I wonder?Cause I don't think a ke30 has a '70 shifter position when it has an auto box. :wink: I'll find out and then add all of this info to the FAQ. :wink: Did you ever find out whether an auto ke30 has a ke70 shifter position or not Taz?? It'd be helpful to know as I'm going to be converting an auto ke30 to manual within the next few days. If not I'll find out when I do the conversion and the answer could be put in to FAQ? Report
July 7, 200917 yr comment_357572 Pics / more info / link to KP61.net how do we convert a hydro oen to Cable very interested Boost + K Cheers Cameron Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now