Are My Ears Gonna Bleed If I Go 4 Speed Instead Of 5 Speed?

Evan G

i cannot find a 5 speed around (a cheap 5 speed) so I'm thinking about going 4 speed, but red dawf reckons my ears are gonna bleed on the freeway

is it unbearable in a ke55 4 speed on the freeway?????

thanks in advance

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

no its not!

i ran a 4 speed for several weeks and it didnt bother me, fuel economy is not considerably worse either.

just do it, i don't think you will be too bothered by it...light throttle isnt very loud which is what cruise will be like on the motorway

no its not!

i ran a 4 speed for several weeks and it didnt bother me, fuel economy is not considerably worse either.

just do it, i don't think you will be too bothered by it...light throttle isnt very loud which is what cruise will be like on the motorway

like I'm running a 3 speed witch only has 2 gears LOL hence wanting to do a manual conversion LOL

yea f@$k it 4 speed it is

QUESTION,

will a 4 speed shifter line up in the old auto shifter hole?

Edited by Evan G

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you'll need a box out of a 70 for it to line up, but as people before have done, nothing an angle grinder can't fix...

thats for a 5speed, I'm wondering for a 4 speed

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you'll need a box out of a 70 for it to line up, but as people before have done, nothing an angle grinder can't fix...

yea for a 5 speed you need a ke70 box, but a 4 speed out a ke55 line up with my ke55 auto shifter hole?

Considering that the 4 speed and the auto both have a 1:1 direct drive top gear, it should be no different on the highway.

should turn the same revs, unless you change the diff, and therefore the diff ratio, but wouldn't make that much difference anyway...

Considering that the 4 speed and the auto both have a 1:1 direct drive top gear, it should be no different on the highway.

should turn the same revs, unless you change the diff, and therefore the diff ratio, but wouldn't make that much difference anyway...

yea thats true, hopefully when i get my 15' on the rear should drop the revs a bit more