13bt_ke20's Daily

13BT_KE20

Yay get some quality fronts for that car its deserves it. A wonderful car for a sound system.

yeah ill be spenting a couple grand on the stereo, want to do it once and be done with it. I don't like having to redo things haha

New front/rear speakers with a 4 channel amp powering them

New sub and monoblock amp

new headunit

Obviously go with quality stuff and all new wiring to suit, should sounds quite nice

p.s. everythings for sale at the right price, if your serious PM me :sob:

• 2 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Car looks pimp man! I WANT!!!

I find it funny taht you have a mercedes as a daily and a 13BT KE20 Corolla bahaha

cheers, best of both worlds: nice daily to cruise around in 90% of the time and a weapon to drive on weekends

Looks dope Ryan, I would love that as a daily. Kills my KE70 wagon lol

love the benzo's

Cheers ben, I'm very happy driving it on a daily basis

Looks absolutely pimp Ryan.

Those indicators just finish it right off.

Definitely do set it off well, the taillights are slightly tinted to which makes then match in well with the tinted windows and black bumpers (which are now definitely staying).

Ill try get some better shots of the whole car, better yet would you be will to take some pics for me sometime???

• 1 month later...

started collecting parts for the stereo install, but had a look at the current set-up and almost died at what i saw so decided the stereo needed to be done sooner rather than later. Some of the dodgy things include, taking power for the amp from a back window switch (with no fuse), ground wiring going to the fuel sender, wiring for the front speakers going from the headunit to the back of the car then back to the front speakers (and one wasnt even plugged in) meanwhile changing wiring colour and type 3 times, several wires which went to various places in the car only to find they werent actually connected to anything. I think the only good thing about it was the soldering, pity they only decided to tape up half the bits they soldered :bash: funny thing is with all the wiring that was in there, most of it was done wrong so only the rear speakers and headunit were working, the amp, sub, stock front speaker, 4inch in the rear all were doing absolutely nothing.

So what should of been an easy install has taken me two FULL days to do and still isnt finished. The good thing now though is i have fixed ALL the dodgy wiring in the car, completely ripped out the old stuff and started again from scratch. Its taken alot longer to due to the fact there are so many electrics in the car, for example the passenger seat which had to come out was 3 plugs and some vac lines going to it under the seat for all the electric motors that power it plus the fact where the mounting bolts are i don't think merc ever intended anyone to remove it, so that took a good hr to remove. Also had to remove alot of the dash to find out where wires where going which took a while. The good thing is it has a nice size plastic "channel" which all the factory loom for the back of the car runs through which had enough room for all the new wiring to fit so its extremely neat and tidy under there now, not that you'll ever see it under the carpet.

Only things left to do are mount the amp and run the wiring to the sub/rear speakers. Heres a pic of the wiring that came out of the car, 95% was doing nothing

post-3517-1251027715_thumb.jpg

and heres a couple of better pics of how the car now looks with the new taillights and clear indicators :)

post-3517-1251028160_thumb.jpgpost-3517-1251028177_thumb.jpg

Edited by 13BT_KE20

Looks good Ryan, I think you should colour-code the bumpers.

decided against it cos i think it break up the colour a bit, they tie in well with the tinted windows, tail lights, side mirrors and tyres IMO. By all means so a chop and convince me otherwise, ive already had a quoted to get them done previously and almost did it :bash: