1jz Ke55

1JZKe55

Members dont see this ad
Squat! :hmm: Loving the diff and rear suspension. Convo Pro's are killer.

Now I've read in a few threads and have been told by a couple of people that when you're welding a really long stretch

of weld, it's best to do it in short strips and leave a gap before the next one. The reason being is that if the weld breaks,

it might crack along the whole weld... I see that there's lots of LONG welds in your engine bay and since you're running

lots of power (I assume so :bash: ) it is unlikely, but it could crack in the event of the chassis twisting... But, since you're

a bloody handy panel fabricationer, you must have a reason for doing the job how you've done it.

Hey

yes your sooo right but somethings you can't stitch weld and has to be fully welded the fire wall was 1 of those

the firewall is made of 6 individual bits of steel welded together if i stitched it together it wouldn't have enough strength in it

you really gotta make sure when your welding that you get enough penetration in your weld you should be able to see it coming through to the other side of what ever your welding

for those people who wanna seam weld their whole car don't your better off welding 25mm leave 40mm weld 25mm leave 40mm and so on just as strong and you wont warp your car as much :y:

just something for the hell of it in the earlier photos of the car been held up by the block and tackle i welded 2 half chain links to the xmember just sort of an idea how strong my welding is i've passed all my x ray testing 1st time every time

post-8631-1266504266_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
that is sweet as mate! let me be the first to say....that is an effing big intercooler! no problems with cooling i am guessing.

ha yeah i don't think i could squeeze anything bigger in there thats for sure looks like shit at the moment but i've got something up my sleeve that will make it look the part :yes:

This thing is looking awesome mate, alot of quality work being put into it, keep us updated, just a quick question do do know the paint code or the name of the colour that the car is? Cheers, Keelan

thanks mate :no2:

yeah thing have been moving a bit slow the last couple weeks haven't had much time to work on it but i'll be into it over the weekend hopping to have the radiator and intercooler mounted and the rad support finished off then start prepping the engine bay for paint

the colour is kingston blue colour code is AY 1977-79

thanks mate :no2:

yeah thing have been moving a bit slow the last couple weeks haven't had much time to work on it but i'll be into it over the weekend hopping to have the radiator and intercooler mounted and the rad support finished off then start prepping the engine bay for paint

the colour is kingston blue colour code is AY 1977-79

Cheers thanks for that,

Youre kinda at the same stage as me with my ke55 starting to mount everything and prep for paint, but ive only got a 4agte going in mine.

Whats the plan for the 1j? you just gonna run a stock bottom end or upgrade it to forgies? cause you can get a hell of alot of power out of a standard 1j with an upgraded turbo.

Cheers, Keelan

Cheers thanks for that,

Youre kinda at the same stage as me with my ke55 starting to mount everything and prep for paint, but ive only got a 4agte going in mine.

Whats the plan for the 1j? you just gonna run a stock bottom end or upgrade it to forgies? cause you can get a hell of alot of power out of a standard 1j with an upgraded turbo.

Cheers, Keelan

yeah the plan is to leave the motor standed at this stage but with all the bolt on's got a gt35r turbo custom exhust manifold 890cc injectors big waste gate the normal stuff looking for around 350+rwkw should be enough to make it fun to drive with a 5 speed :no2:

yeah the plan is to leave the motor standed at this stage but with all the bolt on's got a gt35r turbo custom exhust manifold 890cc injectors big waste gate the normal stuff looking for around 350+rwkw should be enough to make it fun to drive with a 5 speed :no2:

sweet as nice nice, should run a decent 1/4 pass, what diff centre ratio are u running? going for time or mph?

I just want you to know that your living my dream, lol, i would kill to have a 1j in my ke25,

(though id probably end up dead if i got it)

thanks mate

mine a ke10 with a 600kw 1jz full sleeper style but as you said i'd probably end up dead lol :no2:

hey i'm looking for a shed to lease $500-$750 a month around lonsdale hackham area do any local guys know of any good 1's ?????

a member of my shed has pulled out so we can no longer can keep it so me and my little bro(panel beater) are looking for 1