Ke30 Vs Ke55 Chassis Differences?????????

guitar mad

ok so probably another stupid question to those of you who know , but i have a ke 30 1978 auto ,and a ke55 1981

manual, need to know are the 2 cars running the same chassis ,and what main parts are interchangeable

mainly need to know can i use the ke30 engine xmember into the ke55????are they the same xmember

are the ke30 and ke55 gearbox tunnel the same????

are the rear leaf springs interchangable???

and lastly the front steering components ,are they the same,ie lower arms tierods etc

this is a bit backwards to go forwards but i want to put a sr20 in the ke30 which is pretty ruff and unregistered,get it all set up in the ke30 ,mounts fuel system ,suspension etc and then swap it all in to the ke55 once its all sorted ,so i can continue to drive my 55 that is still registered ,mental????????? yeah probably but hay its a good option for my situation, any help with my questions be great thanks guys

Members dont see this ad
ok so probably another stupid question to those of you who know , but i have a ke 30 1978 auto ,and a ke55 1981

manual, need to know are the 2 cars running the same chassis ,and what main parts are interchangeable

mainly need to know can i use the ke30 engine xmember into the ke55????are they the same xmember

are the ke30 and ke55 gearbox tunnel the same????

Yes

are the rear leaf springs interchangable???

Yes

and lastly the front steering components ,are they the same,ie lower arms tierods etc

Yes

The only real difference between them is the gearbox mounts - the ke30 has both - auto and manual mounts. The ke55 has only the mounts for what gearbox was used in the car - such as yours will have the mounts for the manual box, if it came with the auto it'd only have the mounts for the auto.

There is other odds and sods but with a bit of a search on the forum you'll find them.

there is round and square headlights, various grills, think 2 different rear lights.

interior changes, some have vynal some have cloth ect

some had left and right mirrors, others had just drivers side., the bumpers vary

The KE55 had a rear swaybar unless it was the early KE55.

Think JiP mentioned something about Intrusion bars in doors?

THe KE30 dash is different to the KE55.

But the basic shape, floor pan, and drivetrain is the same.. apart from what Towe said about the Gearbox crossmembers and their holes

Both KE30 and KE55 have "vinyl and cloth models".

The xx KE55 is the only other model, apart from the panelvan with a passenger side mirror.

The Update KE55 (1980/1981) had a rear swaybar and the front swaybar was thicker.

KE55's were heavier and had intrusion bars in their doors. Tho I believe some of the late update KE30's had them too as my 78 KE30 has them.

And the early KE30 dash was different from the late KE30 dash, the late KE30 dash was the same as the KE55 dash

Update KE55's had an FM radio.

Thats all I can think of right now, but there are tons of changes between models and years.

Both KE30 and KE55 have "vinyl and cloth models".

The xx KE55 is the only other model, apart from the panelvan with a passenger side mirror.

The Update KE55 (1980/1981) had a rear swaybar and the front swaybar was thicker.

KE55's were heavier and had intrusion bars in their doors. Tho I believe some of the late update KE30's had them too as my 78 KE30 has them.

And the early KE30 dash was different from the late KE30 dash, the late KE30 dash was the same as the KE55 dash

Update KE55's had an FM radio.

Thats all I can think of right now, but there are tons of changes between models and years.

mines a 1980 ke55 and has no rear sway bar, and front sway bar is thick as a pencil????

Clearly you have the early 80 one then.

i had a spare eb rear sway bar and i was test fitting it just then and looks like weld the D bush brackets to the diff and the links will to chassis

and heeyyyy presto :sob::D:D

mines a 1980 ke55 and has no rear sway bar, and front sway bar is thick as a pencil????

Clearly you have the early 80 one then.

:sob: as clear as mud that one.

But then again mines a 1980 model '55 with a ke30 grill, bonnet and tail lights but with a late '55 dash

• 5 years later...

"The xx KE55 is the only other model, apart from the panelvan with a passenger side mirror."

I there guys, off topic, but i am about to start work on restoring a ke55 xx and am having trouble finding what make them an xx to start with, just want to make sure I include everything it may well have had.

Any help/link would be very helpful and appreciated