Fastest 1/4 A 4agze Motor Could Do

MR AKE70

I'm thinking of setting up a ke70 drift car and was deciding on what motors to use, i did seriously want to run a rotary as i have always wanted one, but the SR20det motor and the 4agze motor have come into consideration.

Now the thing is if i decide that the compertition/cost become too great with drift, that i would just turn it into a 1/4 mile car. So i would want to have a motor that i could get high ten second quarter miles out of, thus why i liked the rotary motor idea.

But the question is:

Could the Sr20det or the 4agze (with turbo rather then super charger) do a 10sec 1/4, in a ke70?

Would the costs to acheive this be too high compaired to the rotary?

Would there be reliability problems compared to the rotary?

Thanks guys.

scott

Edited by MR AKE70

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what about a worked 2tc? for around $8000 can import a 200hp one from the US.... SCCA GT race eninge..

approx specs for these engines:

Custom fabricated intake manifold with 48 DCOE's

TDC dry sump

Electromotive crank trigger wheel with sensor

aluminum dry sump pan

Crower Rods

JE Pistons

Moldex billet radiused crank

billet steel main caps

Quartermaster billet steel ultralite weight flywheel with 5 1/2" Tilton clutch

Peak power @ 8000 RPM.....peak torque @ 6200 RPM.

High HP 4AGE's are expensive f@$kers.. BRAND NEW TRD inhanced 4age, pro spec motors(raceing motor) are available makeing approx. 240HP+@9000rpm... depending on what u do... BUT come at a price.. approx. 30, 000 to build.. or around 15, 000 2nd hand. on in US going for 13, 000atm... in that case ud be better with a sr20det...

going for a 4AGTE u could probally build for around 15, 000 and make a fair wack of hp... ie 250RWHP...maybe... dunno, never looked in turbo motors...

13BT u could have a 400RWHP motor for around $14, 000 from Mazfix... thats motor, ported, dowled, fuel pump, surge tank, manifolds, big turbo, fuel system, intercooler. oil cooler, wastgate, microtech ECU, fuel pressure reg, clutch, s4/5 gearbox.... i was quoted $14,000 for that and told it wold make approx 400rwhp....

The thing that worries me with the rotary is reliability?

What fails on them? if you build one to handle 30psi of boost and run it at 15 well it be more reliable? and well it suffer in running smoothness?

I might have to ask these question on a rotary site. i just want to know what I'm in for.

that engine there, is available in a 280ish RWHP model for 7000... will run it day in day out for years....

With those extra mods it has been modded to take such power and if u treat it right itll last... like any other engine... its designed to run that HP...

But been a ported motor it will no have aslong a life as the 280hp model.. Smoothnes will be shitter with a ported rotor, but really not that bad...

Edited by crazy_bunny

SR20DET would see you closer to 10s then what the 4AGZE would. I was told by Promaz that it would be good for a low 12 sec pass with HEAPS spent on the motor.

Otherwise, 1GTTE 2.0 litre 6 cylinder twin turbo.

Take out both turbos and put a T76 or something along those "mammoth hairdryer" units in, and you'd have similar poweroutput as the BLKJET Supra.... Over 500 horses at the rear wheels!

Very impressive. And may I include this? It doesn't want to stay on a dyno for very long.... it bounces too much! :)