Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

i've always wanted to build a 3k turbo... i love the way the 3k's rev, a bit of boost and it would be a great motor... also nice thick walls in the block so you shouldn't have much trouble keeping it togeather even with abit of boost :D

i wouldn't run a t25 or a vf10 (ihi from subie) (vf8 is even bigger btw) i ran a vf10 on my 4k and 5k turbo setups and IMO its quite a big turbo for a small non-crossflow engine, good for making decent power up top but i don't think thats what your after, i ran the vf10 in a smaller mazda housing to bring the spool time down aswell

i'd be looking at a vj6 or vj13 off a mazda b6t if i was going to do a 3k

you havent mentioned what you plan to do for your manifold?

T25 would see bigger top end power, but if your leaving the engine stock inside then i would stick to the IHI, or even a T2 nissan turbo for super response.

u may be suprised here i don't think 100kw at the fly is out of the question as long as your tune is right. 100kw at the wheels i don't think so.

regarding the ignition timing, if you cannot adapt boost retard than stick with locking the mechanical advance. easy and works.

a reliable 10psi is attainable

T25 would see bigger top end power, but if your leaving the engine stock inside then i would stick to the IHI, or even a T2 nissan turbo for super response.

u may be suprised here i don't think 100kw at the fly is out of the question as long as your tune is right. 100kw at the wheels i don't think so.

regarding the ignition timing, if you cannot adapt boost retard than stick with locking the mechanical advance. easy and works.

a reliable 10psi is attainable

I think a T2 would be too small for even a 3k. T25 would be about perfect, if its a T25G then you might even feel a bit restricted in the top end.

The 170kw 3k I mentioned above made around 140rwkw on PULP and 19psi. Was a Draw through setup too.

Have you got the turbo fitted?

Here's some motivation for you....

Ooooh looking sweet si.

Aim high vagen!! go for a big cam and heaps of boost!! Although not the most driveable or fuel efficient my 5k makes

high 90`s rwkw on a baby 8.5psi(aiming for 12ish) with a sc12 and efi. Go easy on the changes and burnouts and the gearbox might last

a little while.

Boosted "k`s" rule.

stu.

Edited by kickn5k

does that cooler setup work?

i wouldnt think so because i thort all the fuel would flud

at the bottom of the intercooler.thinkin of doing the same for mine

if it does work.

draugh through supercharges are faily good and cheap to setup. Mine makes around 70kw but my old one made 110kw

in the pic below i am useing a amr300 witch is off a little front wheel drive.

i think it would work great on a 3k :hmm:

post-2773-1249308145_thumb.jpg

Edited by **chumps**

does that cooler setup work?

i wouldnt think so because i thort all the fuel would flud

at the bottom of the intercooler.thinkin of doing the same for mine

if it does work.

It would work chumps, no doubt about that.......... Its just a ticking time bomb though!!!!!

charged kid - remove the intercoller IMMEDIATELY!!!!!!!

....did I make that attention grabbing enough!?

Why (again :hmm:) - Because you're running a draw-through setup you're currently pumping your intercooler fuel of a perfectly mixed combination of fuel and air...... ready for combustion. If you happen to have a back fire, it will travel up the inlet manifold and cross over pipe and into the intercooler.... then bad things happen...... Or you might just 'blow the welds on your intake'. :)

No it won't overheat. You might need to need pull a little bit of timing out, but not heaps.

Do you even have a bonnet scoop over the cooler? cause if not its not doing anything anyway!!

Look that's how it is, do you want to run the risk of doing some serious damage in your engine bay!? Its only matter of tiome before somethig goes wrong....... but hey, what would I know! :hmm: