Trev

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now that I have had some rest (still sore) I will go over yesterdays events, The boss and I decided to go riding, We went out thru Mt Glorious and Nebo and then back over Nebo to head down samford rd, We then went over to Cootha (my 2nd time there), We went around the mountain via the lookout side first, Coming up past Birdwood Tce there was a car going slow and was getting slower and moved to the left so Mick went around and I followed, I was in 2nd gear and was slowing down to initiate the corner when the rear wheel hit the white line and locked up and started sliding so to try to save it I stood it up and tried to stop but I went straight ahead over the traffic island, I honestly don't know how fast I was going but it was more then 60 and less then 80.

Pics from today of me, The bike & the accident scene.

post-1373-1256549086_thumb.jpg

post-1373-1256549101_thumb.jpg

post-1373-1256549111_thumb.jpg

post-1373-1256549129_thumb.jpg

post-1373-1256549143_thumb.jpg

post-1373-1256549156_thumb.jpg

post-1373-1256549167_thumb.jpg

post-1373-1256549178_thumb.jpg

post-1373-1256549190_thumb.jpg

post-1373-1256549202_thumb.jpg

post-1373-1256549213_thumb.jpg

post-1373-1256549227_thumb.jpg

post-1373-1256549237_thumb.jpg

post-1373-1256549246_thumb.jpg

post-1373-1256549257_thumb.jpg

post-1373-1256549271_thumb.jpg

Jeans and a leather jacket, My helmet is stuffed and so is the jacket and as you would guess so are the pants, I didn't have gloves on as the ones I got I could not ride with as they were too stiff, Will be getting a new helmet, jacket, gloves and possibly riding pants.

EDIT: If you can't see the marks before the traffic island let me know and I will highlight them.

Edited by Trev

Ouch!

Bike didn't look too bad until that crank case pic.

Its funny how new'ish (no offence Trev) riders don't really appreciate how important good safety gear is, eg riding pants until they leave some flesh on the pavement. Then get dressed up to the nines once they do.

Also makes those guys in summer who ride past in a pair of shorts, tank top and thongs look even dumber. Can you imagine the results from this accident if you were dressed like that Trev!?

Damn. Looks like the bike fared slightly worse than you did, both don't look too bad though.

What did ya boss say after??

Asked If I was ok I think.

Ouch!

Bike didn't look too bad until that crank case pic.

Its funny how new'ish (no offence Trev) riders don't really appreciate how important good safety gear is, eg riding pants until they leave some flesh on the pavement. Then get dressed up to the nines once they do.

Also makes those guys in summer who ride past in a pair of shorts, tank top and thongs look even dumber. Can you imagine the results from this accident if you were dressed like that Trev!?

Yeah the crank case sucks ass, Ha, I appreciated safety gear I just could not afford it, I seen a guy on a gsx-r600 the other day wearing a singlet, shorts & thongs and I had jitters.

Yeah the crank case sucks ass, Ha, I appreciated safety gear I just could not afford it, I seen a guy on a gsx-r600 the other day wearing a singlet, shorts & thongs and I had jitters.

Stupid isn't it, and was that before you dropped it too!? Bet you think he's even stupider now!

Also seems a bit stupid in the way a car driver must wear a seatbelt, yet there's nothing illegal (except maybe the thongs) about these idiots atire as long as they're wearing a helmet! :yes:

they soon learn when they go to hospital and have a scrubbing brush put through the wounds while unconscious to have the gravel removed.

for christs sake, kevlar pants, if you can't afford the gear, you can't afford to ride.

I was wearing standard safety gear apart from my gloves.

EDIT: I have also just got the parts to put it back on the road.

Edited by Trev

I'm suprised you don't have knee guads Trev. They're inexpensive, even for cheap plastic ones and they would've saved you the gravel rah on your knees.

Thats one of the first things I'll be getting beside my helmet of course when I hit the dirt on my new bike.

I'm suprised you don't have knee guads Trev. They're inexpensive, even for cheap plastic ones and they would've saved you the gravel rah on your knees.

Thats one of the first things I'll be getting beside my helmet of course when I hit the dirt on my new bike.

I'm getting some draggin jeans, I'm going to the bike shop on saturday to do a lay-by, If I had knee guards I would be inclined to put my knee down, ha, You should see how far over I can lean this bike, Its way more than 45 degrees.

• 10 months later...

Been a while since I updated this.

Had the bike back on the road about 2 weeks after but took it off the road In Jan this year (rego ran out) as I thought I would do a tidy up on it, managed to pull it down and got a quote for powder coating the subframe and brackets and I repaired the wiring harness but it has been sitting for the last 4 months in the condition, took it outside today to get a pic:

post-1373-027252000 1284800647_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...