Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke70 5K Build

Featured Replies

  • Author

There is less resistance when the spark plugs are out, things are looking good!

 

Anyone have any idea about the thermostat questions?

 

They are on the previous page

Edited by anastasios

  • Replies 361
  • Views 126.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

Would that be off an early model 55?

 

Ah don't worry about it, I tried Toyota but apparently they would have to ask Toyota Japan, I can still use the one I have atm and its not asif its broken and I am desperate.

 

I was just thinking of making it look a bit neater!

Edited by anastasios

  • Author

Edit: It was in FAQ

Edited by anastasios

  • Author

Hey guys I have got my engine and gearbox in the car atm, but am confused about the K50 wiring, it seems the K40 plug on my 70 loom is different to the K50 white plug, also I am confused as too which wires go to which sensors on the engine. I have some pics to help explain.

 

These are the 3 plugs that go to the box

 

121_3209.jpg

 

The plugs on the K50

 

121_3212.jpg

 

The plugs and a random wire on the other end

 

121_3211.jpg

 

These are the sensors I have on the engine

 

121_3213.jpg

 

121_3214.jpg

 

Also which side do the wires run?

Edited by anastasios

Ok GB first:

 

The white plug with 2 pins needs to be connected to the 2x red wires with the spade terminals. Just cut the white plug off and clamp on some new female spade terminals to join up to the GB.

 

The other 2x single wires that go to the GB are for 4th and 5th gear indicators. These are connected to the carby and are for cruising fuel economy. Don't bother hooking them up (not that you can to the holley anyway) and I don't think fuel economy is high on your list anyway.

 

Now onto the other wires.

 

Third pic down - I'm pretty sure the plug on the left is the oil pressure switch (should be black with a yellow trace IIRC). Plug on the right is for the temp sensor on the driver side. loose wire would be the other one on the passenger side of the thermostat housing.

 

All 3x of those wires run down the drivers side past the dizzy, other side of the engine can get a bit hot!

 

:blush:

Edited by Taz_Rx

  • Author

What about the green plug on the gb?

Just to elaborate on taz's post, yes, the oil pressure is black/yellow. That's the sensor plugged in just next to the oil filter.

 

There are two switches on your Thermostat block. the drivers side one will most likely be the temp sender, the sensor on the other side is possibly a thermoswitch for a thermofan, or perhaps an emissions thingo.

Edited by philbey

thanks Tom, I breezed over a bit. You're right - Drivers side one is the actual temp sensor, left one doesn't even have to be hooked up. Think it also connects to the carby for something or other.

 

Green plug is the GB end of of the 4th/5th gear indicator which also doesn't need to be hooked up. :blush:

  • Author

Sweet as, thanks

 

should I go with a 15w50 oil, I am pretty sure the bottom end has only been run a few times, any recommendations?

I would say just use a 20W50 mineral oil. My K engine likes to weep a bit here and there and the thinner oil the worse it gets.

 

My other car is an air cooled boxer though so I have a total aversion to thin(ner) oils.

  • Author

Awsome, I bought some Toyota 20w50 to try out, also I was cleaning up my shifter and was wondering if its possible to replace the plastic cup on the end of the shifter? Does this just pop off?

Awsome, I bought some Toyota 20w50 to try out, also I was cleaning up my shifter and was wondering if its possible to replace the plastic cup on the end of the shifter? Does this just pop off?

 

Yep. I imagine buying a genuine one would again be pretty expensive for what it is. So.... try going to bunning and search through their stool (as in bar stools) end caps/feet and see if you can find one the right size. I used one once in a S1 RX7 gearbox! :y:

  • Author

Are there any other replaceable parts that I can buy for the shifter? The first boot is broken, Does the black top half of the shifter unscrew from the lower half so the boots can be removed?

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.