Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke70 5K Build

Featured Replies

  • Author

Maybe I will give it a squeeze with some pliers just to be safe

  • Replies 361
  • Views 126.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

Ok should I grease inside the shifter ball? Or does oil go into this from the GB?

 

121_3231.jpg

 

121_3232.jpg

  • Author

Ok so its all pretty much together now, when I go to start it, it backfires out of the carb and I can't seem to work out the problem, in what order do the leads go? is it 1,2,3,4 in a clockwise direction?

 

It gets fuel but after a while it spurts out of the top of the carb from a small hole, i guess this is because my timing is wrong and it is not burning the excess fuel?

  • Author

Hm I really can't seem to figure it out, how do I know if piston 1 is on its compression stroke?

  • Author

Ok timing is all sweet now, the engine sounds as if it is about to start but doesn't I think the carb might need to be modified to suit the 5k?

 

It ran well on the 4K.

 

Would Start you bastard work better than pouring petrol down it?

Carb will start and run fine on either engine, the difference would be at the top end I expect.

 

How many degrees advance have you set it on??

  • Author

I am not sure how to set advance, I do that by turning the dizzy?

 

The pulley does not have any notch in it. I set it to TDC by looking at the valve movement, and then have the rotor button pointing towards the first piston and then turning the dizzy till it lines up with the 1st lead.

  • Author

I just spoke to the guys who fixed my carby the last time, and they said if the car doesnt start when you pour petrol down the carby then its not the carbs problem. Its either ignition timing or valve timing.

 

And seeing as my ignition timing is right, i guess its the valve timing?

Edited by anastasios

  • Author

Ok here are some pics of my pulley, there are no visible notches on it on either side, which is really strange.

 

121_3236.jpg

 

121_3239.jpg

 

If my valve train shows TDC, do I then mark it on the pulley?

 

Also what is this on the rock mean, does it mean that both 4th valves are closed?

Edited by anastasios

  • Author

Ok so do I now make a mark on the pulley at zero?

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.