February 20, 201016 yr comment_415409 sump to engine block is like 4nm do em by hand AND DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN THEM or it will leak in a week Report
February 21, 201016 yr comment_415567 I suppose Loktite would make sure they don't. Just a tiny 10mm spanner and do them until the rubber gasket starts to spread. Did it yesterday, but didn't have any Locktite. Edited February 21, 201016 yr by altezzaclub Report
February 21, 201016 yr comment_415570 Use permatex No.3 Aviation non hardening goo on the gasket. Put a dab on the threads. Will never loosen or leak. Report
February 21, 201016 yr comment_415572 I gave you the torque settings from the Original Toyota manual here: http://www.rollaclub.com/board/index.php?s...st&p=415404 I don't understand why there would be any debate? Cheers, Aaron. Report
February 21, 201016 yr comment_415748 4nm is 0.4kgm there is no debate. is that permatex you speak of the stuff in the little bottle with the brush Felix? Report
February 21, 201016 yr comment_415864 Rad. That's the gear I picked up with my new sump gasket! Leak free here I come! Report
February 27, 201016 yr Author comment_417286 Ok I have a new annoying problem, two of the threads that the rocker posts bolt to are threaded, do I need to get this tapped then get larger bolts? Report
February 27, 201016 yr comment_417292 You could use Heilicoils, Keyserts, Timeserts or similar. Edited February 27, 201016 yr by Felix Report
February 27, 201016 yr Author comment_417431 Ok I understand it is easy to tap out the holes, but what do i do about the bolts? do i use an over size one? will the difference in metal between the other bolts cause them to expand at different rates? Report
February 27, 201016 yr comment_417445 With those helicoils and other thread repair systems, you drill the hole out larger and tap it, screw in the insert then run your original bolts. Report
February 27, 201016 yr Author comment_417479 Oh!! wow thats awsome, you are a saviour Felix! thank you all for your help with this 5k Report
February 27, 201016 yr comment_417517 can you unscrew the long bolts for the head then just use bolts? instead of 2 nuts? Report
February 28, 201016 yr Author comment_417612 I think you have misunderstood me, its all good ill get helicoils, anyone know where to get them from sydney? Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now